DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A STICKER LIKE THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wouldn't. You don't have to, just because the ask you to. I would say "no thanks, you do the investigative work. I paid for a new, factory sealed unit and I'm see no reason why I should accept something out of band / the norm.

For one thing, you would have to be very confident that the craft is good before you say "Okay Amazon, it looks fine, so I'll keep it". Because if something reveals itself down the road, it is going to be MUCH more difficult to get resolution.

Right now, you hold the upper hand, being in the full replacement or even full-refund period.

Chris

This.
The sticker says it all really.

I still wouldn't. You don't have to, just because they ask you to. I would say "no thanks, you do the investigative work. I paid for a new, factory sealed unit and I see no reason why I should accept something out of band / out of the norm.

For one thing, you would have to be very confident that the craft is good before you say "Okay Amazon, it looks fine, so I'll keep it". Because if something reveals itself down the road, it is going to be MUCH more difficult to get resolution.

Right now, you hold the upper hand, being in the full replacement or even full-refund period.

Chris

I agree 1,000,000 %!! I'd send it back YESTERDAY.

Can you see the ser. # on the labile? If so you shod be able verify it with DJI

I'd guess it's a digital serial number.

From my "incident" (slipping on icy stairs with my hands full of drone and stuff, then pitching my 2 day old M2P . ultimately breakng two arms), I ordered parts and fixed it myself. There's no serial number anywhere inside the beast either, at least that I could see, and I had it pretty much all apart.

Just make sure it says "DJI" where the red arrow is on my purchase a year ago. I've made this mistake before not knowing it was a reseller (not DJI).

View attachment 88990
I don’t think that means sold by DJI if you look to right just underneath buy now it says sold by Huron ,Fulfilled by Amazon

I'd guess it's a digital serial number.

From my "incident" (slipping on icy stairs with my hands full of drone and stuff, then pitching my 2 day old M2P . ultimately breakng two arms), I ordered parts and fixed it myself. There's no serial number anywhere inside the beast either, at least that I could see, and I had it pretty much all apart.
The serial number is on the two QR code stickers. One will be in the battery compartment, the other on one of the arms (unless that's one of the ones you replaced :) )

Reactions: Thomas B and bumper
M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now.

View attachment 88986
I would have Amazon ship a new one ASAP and charge you+credit you when you return the one in question.I have done that in the past.

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
Amazon makes returns really easy now that they partnered with Kohls, particularly if you haven't unsealed it.
So put in for a return, and once approved, buy another.

Reactions: Brandaloo
I've never had a single problem returning anything to Amazon. When I set up a flight simulator I returned a lot of expensive stuff that had had great reviews and was exactly as advertised but just wasn't going to work for me..no questions asked. If you have prime it's a done deal.

Reactions: PAW
I would have Amazon ship a new one ASAP and charge you+credit you when you return the one in question.I have done that in the past.
I really appreciate all of the helpful advice. Thank you all.

I opened the box and the seal was broken. Inside a sticker on the RC was only partially attached, and the screen protector on the RC had obviously been removed and replaced. Amazon sent me a used drone and they knew, or should have known (since the sticker was on the outside of the plastic wrap, and located right next to the S/N barcode sticker on the box,) that this item should not have been sent to a customer. Everytime that barcode was scanned, that sticker was right there. And they still shipped it to me...AND IT WAS USED.

Been on line with Amazon (the Canadian version no less) and was instructed to call this afternoon after the ”delivery refund hold” period expires. That’s when they can discuss the replacement and discount/credit options. These reps seemed far more interested in solving this at this point so we’ll see.

I don’t think that means sold by DJI if you look to right just underneath buy now it says sold by Huron ,Fulfilled by Amazon
hmm . . . you are correct.

I've never had a single problem returning anything to Amazon. When I set up a flight simulator I returned a lot of expensive stuff that had had great reviews and was exactly as advertised but just wasn't going to work for me..no questions asked. If you have prime it's a done deal.

My experience over the last year or more has been that AMAZON’s customer service has deteriorated markedly. Not in the area of customers returns or replacements, in the areas of fixing things when they screw up. Weak support if you bought from a 3rd party seller, all kinds of (deleted my moderator) to go through when it’s damaged or completely the wrong item. Horrendous service for delivery muck ups. And now, to add to my collection of horror stories, Amazon is sending me items marked ‘don’t sell” and denying any knowledge of how such a thing could have happened. And it was used!

I’ll find out later today what comes next. I believe there’s at least a 50/50 chance that this Prime member’s “done” deal could end up looking more like medium rare.?

Reactions: old man mavic
hmm . . . you are correct.
Here’s the ad from my ‘orders page’. Because I just had a horror story issue with Amazon because I bought from a third party seller, I never ever buy an important or big ticket item, from them unless they sell and ship it. By the way, obviously that hasn’t helped me avoid the current nonsense...

Attachments

• 9F0AE77D-3334-478B-BA25-D8238476006B.png
    9F0AE77D-3334-478B-BA25-D8238476006B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
"this Prime member’s “done” deal could end up looking more like medium rare".... Yikes!

I know you just lost one on Mt.Baldy. Maybe you'll get good news today. I'm happy with prime. Hoping you get a good result.

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
"this Prime member’s “done” deal could end up looking more like medium rare".... Yikes!

I know you just lost one on Mt.Baldy. Maybe you'll get good news today. I'm happy with prime. Hoping you get a good result.
So here’s latest. Got through to a US based supervisor who gave me a $30 credit on the spot after hearing the story. But now, because this is so ”alarming” I cant even return the drone for replacement and any further possible credit, until they investigate and find out what happened here and why. Meanwhile the stocks of this drone are dropping every day. We’re already looking at weeks before I’m flying again. Still not feeling the love here?

Can you see the ser. # on the labile? If so you shod be able verify it with DJI
Second day come and gone waiting to hear back from DJI. Besides, after sitting down and thinking about this a bit, It’s highly unlikely that DJI placed the sticker. It was on the outside of the plastic wrapping, and why would the manufacturer send Amazon a drone with a don’t sell it sticker on it. And bottom line is, regardless, the sticker is right next to the barcode. Every amazon employee who scanned that item had to see the sticker, they sent it anyway AND IT WAS USED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes