DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has Anyone Flown a Drone in the UAE (Dubai) or Oman?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Now thinking of travel to UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) and Oman, was well as Doha. Has anybody flown there?

Dale

Yes- I have been scouring the web for all of the information I can find and find out that there is simply no way to fly a drone in either UAE or Oman. So the question that arises is, would you travel to a place that you cannot use a drone for a photographic vacation??? Most of you know I do multi-media videos including a lot of gimbal and time-lapse which could supplement or replace the drone footage, in addition to the still photography. But what a tragic waste of a vacation.

Now thinking of travel to UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) and Oman, was well as Doha. Has anybody flown there?

Dale
Hello- I am from UAE and sorry to tell you that recreational drone activity has been put on hold until further notice since Feb 2022.

you can bring your drone along with no issues but do no-fly ( I know sad, a lot of my friends sold their drones...)

for Oman, you can obtain the permission on their website and pay the fees and you are good to go.

Be VERY CAREFUL Dale, all Arab states are very sensitive about photography, especially from drones. The article says it all, they're banned!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143