DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone increased the battery life of the controller?

Yannie

Reactions
I don't understand why the mavic pro doesn't offer the ability to swap batteries on the controller. By the time I've used 3-4 batteries on the drone, the controller is dead. I've tried plugging an external battery into side micro-USB port of controller and it only slightly slows the discharge rate. One way or another, it is usually the charge of the controller which eventually brings the flight mission to an end. It's becoming annoying.

Odd, my RC holds up to 6/7 batteries... 3-4 is way too quick.

3-4 with an android device, 6-7 with an iOS device are normal times.

Power bank works fine to maintain charge or regharge between flights.
I really doubt the Mavic was ever intended to do non-stop flying back to back... and it's not something many would do.

Get a power bank with enough Amps. Yours is probably only 2 Amp, ok for a smartphone but not for the Mavic RC. In my experience 4 Amps or more works fine and keeps RC and phone/tablet charged until it is depleted, and then you still have the full RC battery time.

Reactions: Former Member
Get a power bank with enough Amps. Yours is probably only 2 Amp, ok for a smartphone but not for the Mavic RC. In my experience 4 Amps or more works fine and keeps RC and phone/tablet charged until it is depleted, and then you still have the full RC battery time.
What's the meaning? Any type / model of the battery you rexommene? Thanks.

I have a very cheap one of 4000mah working as a charm. And I recently got another 6000mah with 2A and 1A outputs (less than 15 US$ or Euro). They come in many forms and colours but basically they are all the same tech (the cheap ones). If they can provide charge for a smartphone (which they are all intended for) they should work. You can also buy very expensive power banks but that's your choice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada