DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone seen a video where the Mini 3 previewers put a Mini 3 on a set of scales?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I am just wondering what it ACTUALLY weighs? Everything I have seen so far merely mentions under 249g.

I heard they wont be selling the better battery in the UK because of the weight restriction. I am sure they can still get it with a work around but looks like DJI wants nothing to do with people buying a Mini so they dont have to register it and then sneak in a battery that puts it over the legal limit.

I heard they wont be selling the better battery in the UK because of the weight restriction. I am sure they can still get it with a work around but looks like DJI wants nothing to do with people buying a Mini so they dont have to register it and then sneak in a battery that puts it over the legal limit.
I think that's a sensible approach to be honest.

Reactions: Torque
Skyryder, drones/quadcopters, what have you, have to be restigered here in the UK with the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) if they are fitted with a camera Even if they are sub 250gms. Pilots should have a flyer ID and drones MUST show Operator ID, be it sticker, label or some other method where the info can be read without dismantling the said drone. Operator ID, ONLY issued after successful completion of a simple exam ( multiple choice answers) and is valid for 1 year at a cost of £9 (approx 12 US$). It may have increased recently.

Reactions: Torque and scro
Oddly, the EASA now says 1st Jan 2024 here: Open Category - Civil Drones | EASA
UK CAA still says 1st Jan 2023 here: Drones - flying in the open category | Civil Aviation Authority
CAA is considering a prolongation, which closes tomorrow:

I understand that the extended battery is very attractive but it's a good compromise for now.
I am pretty sure, you will get the chance the stronger ones a bit later at other vendors too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli