DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried putting dji go on a surface or any other windows machine?

f1r3b1rd

Reactions
I love my surface, I can’t help but prefer MS over Snapple or Android.
I know there are some android emulators out there; but, have not used one before.
Just curious if Anyone has tried it before I blow up my machine
:)

No, mainly because the emulators are horribly inefficient and because you may have issues connecting your controller to the USB inputs.

Doesn't hurt to file a suggestion for them to create Windows based DJI Go app. I doubt it'll happen but still, doesn't hurt to try. You can do it in the DJI Go app>Me>DJI Support>Product Suggestion. I have Surface Pro, be awesome if I could use that to fly my Mavic Air.

Doesn't hurt to file a suggestion for them to create Windows based DJI Go app. I doubt it'll happen but still, doesn't hurt to try. You can do it in the DJI Go app>Me>DJI Support>Product Suggestion. I have Surface Pro, be awesome if I could use that to fly my Mavic Air.

Done..you’re right it’s worth a shot.
I have an older windows phone that’ll be nice to use as well.

As Windows Phone OS is discontinued there is no serious chance to get a GO version for these phones. And there is also very little chance to get it for a Windows 10 system, as tables in general used as mobile devices for flight are not very common for typical DJI users.

I don't understand why people are saying you can't use a surface pro because of usb connectivity. Use the bottom port on the controller to the usb port on the surface pro. The problem is that Mavic programmers seem to be Apple Fan Boys and reluctantly wrote for Android as well but refuse to write for the surface line of tablets.

I don't understand why people are saying you can't use a surface pro because of usb connectivity. Use the bottom port on the controller to the usb port on the surface pro. The problem is that Mavic programmers seem to be Apple Fan Boys and reluctantly wrote for Android as well but refuse to write for the surface line of tablets.
Well, this is a world dominated by Android and iOS. Windows PC is in 3rd place and will continue in that way down as mobile is the present and future.

then the blackberyy guys will want an app as well haha and dont forget the chromebook os or even linux{which i could see happen} theres only 2 main smartphone users and they will battle till the bitter end over which is king,,,,does the surface have a micro usb input? not sure if a full size to full size usb would work, never seen one before,,,,,,,haha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe