DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has DJI completely abandoned Mavic pro owners?

They’ve already made most of their multi millions out of the MP1, only accessory sales now. Why would they spend money on updating software for a platform that has been superceded? You might want to upgrade and go through the whole fairly dismal customer experience for the thrill of flying what are still experimental aircraft.

I had planned to upgrade -- but the DJI rep I spoke to couldn't tell me if the problems had been fixed in the MP2...

I was late to the party and even more enjoyed the so called "security vulns" of the Mavic so I could download "hacks" for it.
Had they dumped another FW say 01.04.0600 and had they made it not-downgradeable admittedly, I would've been pretty much out of luck.
Now happily flying on 01.04.0300+ without virtually any restrictions except that I didn't find it necessary to touch the NFZ parameters.

I would not worry about the latest and greatest and no further support from DJI because of newer models are coming out all the time,, I still have one of the very first phantom 1 that still flys very well it has been converted to a so called 1.5 so it can fly with the original 2.2mAh battery or phantom 2 smart battery, I also have a Yuneec typhoon H which I fly occasionally, and more recently a Mavic pro platinum since purchasing the mavic I tend to favour that over the others I mentioned, because of the ease to carry about and very unobtrusive in flight.

Has the Platinum still getting firmware updates or has that been left as well????

I've not seen no recent updates for the Platinum apart from the DJI Go app which I think were a update to the NFZ.

Platinum is just a Pro with different ESCs, not a whole different product. Both use the same firmware, so if there isn't any for one there isn't any for the other.

It's been a long time since I have seen any firmware updates. If I think real hard, it had to be before the 2 release. Since these updates also included fixes and security (virus) protection, are we left totally exposed. Seems an irresponsible way to push us to upgrade.
Any news on this, wouldn't mine some firmware functional enhancements as well?

That's a good thing! haven't updated in over a year or so, and mine keeps bugging to do it, I wish I could turn off the warnings. I've never even had it hooked to DJI Asst. They haven't had any improvements for the original Mavic in a while, they just want you to update so they can upload whatever new restriction is on the horizon, or to stop people from modding their drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS