DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have a couple questions bought a used Mavic mini that had a little bit of water damage was not in the water long from what he said

Toneke

Reactions
So it won't charge with a USB cable and it won't power on at all when I plug in the USB only the tail light blinks red and near the power button lights only the 2 end lights are on

Water could have reeked damage to multiple components. Worse if salt water. Send it back if you can. Repairs are likely approximate the cost of new.

Reactions: MA2 317
Water could have reeked damage to multiple components. Worse if salt water. Send it back if you can. Repairs are likely approximate the cost of new.
Cant send back i bought offline with water damage already and i just heard back from guy that it was salt wat and he he got it out within a minute and rinsed with fresh water just wondering what parts i would need to replace or fix im pretty good with that kind of stuff

Cant send back i bought offline with water damage already and i just heard back from guy that it was salt wat and he he got it out within a minute and rinsed with fresh water just wondering what parts i would need to replace or fix im pretty good with that kind of stuff
All? A new one or refurb may be cheaper.

Personal experience tells me it only takes seconds in salt water to ruin a mav2. In spite of distilled water soaking for a considerable time and drying for an extended period in silica gel dissicant the drone remained in a dead state. Signs of salt corrosion are visible on circuit boards. I finally bought a replacement.

Personal experience tells me it only takes seconds in salt water to ruin a mav2. In spite of distilled water soaking for a considerable time and drying for an extended period in silica gel dissicant the drone remained in a dead state. Signs of salt corrosion are visible on circuit boards. I finally bought a replacement.
Did you buy a replacement drone or circut board?

I had initially a mav2 fly more kit and bought the basic kit of drone and remote control. Tried top purchase only the drone but couldn't.

A brief check told me that circuit boards were going to cost hundreds of pounds and they alone would give me no guarantee of success.

Reactions: Toneke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom