DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have I missed the point? Mavic 2 Air battery charger

I agree to a point, great if you only want to go fly with one battery.

If DJI made a chargers that charged all at the same time that would still charge the one with the most charge first but charge the others simultaneously therefore greatly cutting down the time charging all your battery's for a days flying.

Simultaneous chargers for DJI products are available from other manufacturers so why don’t DJI do it even if it is as an upgrade.

I have one for my Xiaomi 4K & can charge 4 with that in the time it takes to charge 1 for my DJI.
For Xiaomi or other models drones, there is small detail...you can charge all batteries in one time IF all their charges are absolute same. Making charger which can make balance charge to each battery with different stored charge is not so easy....and may be more expensive..the charger becomes how ti say...smart charger may be? Just imagine what will happen with the price of this kind of charger....

The Spark instructions SAID it charged them sequentially, but from observation, they charged simultaneously. Was kindof a letdown when MA2's charger worked as documented ;)

For each battery charged in tandem, the charger has to be capable of that many watts.
The Air 2 charger puts out 38W for one battery so to charge 4 batteries simultaneously you need around 152W.
And to best do it so that the charge state of one battery doesn't affect the others, you'd need separate final stage power circuits for each battery.

See at Amazon Hanatora multi charger for the MA2

• This charger can charge 4 batteries & remote controller simultaneously. It takes only 110 mins to fully charge 4 batteries
  • Input: 110-240V; Output: 13.2V 8A (branch: 13.2V 2A);USB Output: 5V 3A
I have this one as well. Like the voltage/amp readout for each battery, can use AC or DC for input power, and my favorite is the "Storage Charge" mode.

Reactions: Thomas B
If DJI wanted to delight their customers, then their battery charger should have a switch that should allow us to use either simultaneous charging or sequential charging ;)

The problem though is their hubs don't have a power supply. You connect the original charger to the hub as if the hub itself was a battery.

As I mentioned before, you need n times the number of watts as batteries being charged simultaneously. A single DJI charger doesn't have the power to charge more than one battery at a time so all the hub can do is switch charging from one battery to another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico