DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you tried this . . .

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
FUN TIME . . .

OK, what is the weirdest thing you wanna try with your drone?

Let's hear what you wanna try, but prefer someone do it instead.

Preferably, something legit . . .
I am NOT asking others to violate the rules, but just to use your imagination on WHAT IF! only.

I'll start with:
If I fly my drone into an elevator on the ground floor, hover, then press 2, 3, 4, whatever, will the drone hover or land?

It hovers. Ken Heron demonstrates something very similar with his Phantom 4 Pro. He flys into a box truck and then the truck moves forward. Phantom hovers in place as the truck moves.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inside working from atti mode its 4 feet off the ground floor and will stay there. If by satellite it should land.

...If I fly my drone into an elevator on the ground floor, hover, then press 2, 3, 4, whatever, will the drone hover or land?
That is an interesting scenario. In an elevator it will switch to Atti mode due to the loss of GPS but it will still have a working barometer to detect elevation changes. My guess is it would hover in place and the elevator would move into it.

It hovers. Ken Heron demonstrates something very similar with his Phantom 4 Pro. He flys into a box truck and then the truck moves forward. Phantom hovers in place as the truck moves.
I saw that video. I wonder what would happen if the truck went up or down a hill.

I want to hang a pair of my briefs on the bottom of the Mavic
That is an interesting scenario. In an elevator it will switch to Atti mode due to the loss of GPS but it will still have a working barometer to detect elevation changes. My guess is it would hover in place and the elevator would move into it.

Lower sensors would detect the lower elevation of the floor and keep it hovering.

Lower sensors would detect the lower elevation of the floor and keep it hovering.

Only for a brief moment then it wouldn't have a leg to stand on

Reactions: CJH92474 and BD0G
...Lower sensors would detect the lower elevation of the floor and keep it hovering.
I don't think so. Flying indoors in Atti mode, the downward sensors will cause it to raise up if it fly's above something but it will not drop down if you fly over an opening like a stairway. It might rise up if it detects the floor approaching (like it would if you put your hand under it while hovering). It would be interesting to see if it reacts quick enough to avoid the floor and then again the ceiling when the elevator stops. In any case I would not want to be in the elevator when it happens as it might go into Vegematic mode.

Reactions: BD0G
Apologies for a comment neither witty nor exciting, but we have a problem that will be a Test for 'Marvelous Millie' our MA.

We are stuck in the middle of a lousy Winter - unless you Ski. While plowing our 900'+ driveway two days ago, we lost a Slider on our plow blade.

We also plow Puppy Paths 'off road' for our Golden Retriever, so there's a roughly 2500 FEET area where the Slider hides.

IF the Weather lets up long enough for Millie to Fly, we hope to run it over the tracks, and find our Slider before our Summer Grass Cutter 'discovers' it.~

We'll report later.

Rgds, NAVMAV

id like to see one flown into a tornado with a 4k video

Reactions: CJH92474
This is one of the reasons I love this forum. There are people that “USE THEIR BRAINS”. Thank you to everyone making this forum.

Next Halloween I want to hang a ghost from a long string and play scary music on the enterprise speaker
I love it. If the MA were not so loud, I could get away with it. Hummmm, how high would I have to fly to significantly reduce noise factor

Reactions: Smalls
Well I use my MP1 for Shark patrol at our local beaches - did three separate patrols today - using Litchi Waypoints, worked perfectly.
Saw no sharks though!

Reactions: Tom-Air

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist