DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hawk let me get up close for several pictures, perched on an old Oak tree

Yes sorry didn't read...and the converted coordinates sent me to China (won't trust that again, must've sent me E instead of W)
No problem, auctually the area the pictures were taken are from an old 1850 settlement now farm land.

I’m kind of an historian, locate old lost settlements both Native American and western American settlements and Spanish Mission era sites. Drones help me search for land indicators from the past, great tool.

This particular settlement were the red tail hawk pictures were taken, the first settlers were massacred by Native American Indians in 1850, only three settlers survived the rest were killed.

A good friend and I have Recovered many old silver coins and artifacts from here, all finds went to our local museum and to the property owner. One gold coin was recovered from here, 1846 $5.00 dollar gold piece went to the property owner.

Fortunately, the property owner lets us fly here and search for artifacts with our metal detectors. We are so fortunate, a plate to enjoy our great hobby.

Take care and hope the year brings you great flying weather and super areas to fly,
Paul

Reactions: RPBloor and Porky
Nice history lesson there Paul, thanks for sharing.

Looks like farming has taken over for the majority of the land there?

Amazing pics!! I tried that with a group of circling buzzards here in Louisiana. It only took about a minute to clear the sky. They dont seem to want to be anywhere near a drone. Again, great shots of the redtail. I'm glad you included the pic of hawk and drone to knock out the doubters.

Reactions: Brandaloo
@Waldo Pepper
Very cool. We have a couple of Hawks in a wetland a couple hundred yards away but they are more aggressive and flighty than yours. Nice job!

Last edited:
I've learnt more about ornithology than anything else today
You'd see more Buzzards in China than 'awks JDawg
This thread has nothing to do with China. Probably better to focus on the Red Tail and not jack the OP's thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee