DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mikewilltakeyouto

Reactions
So ive been flying over cities quite abit, I am currently flying over a National Stadium, I was wondering how high I have to fly to get the entire stadium in the frame? is there any calculations or equations i can do to figure this out?

or

are there any available software or ideas available?

* all the flights are under the laws/regulations*

If you are flying under law and regulations can you not just take her up until you reach the maximum allowed height and see if it is in frame or is travelling distance a problem?

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
If you are flying under law and regulations can you not just take her up until you reach the maximum allowed height and see if it is in frame or is travelling distance a problem?
there are no regulations about height, but im uncomfortable and unsure flying higher then necessary, i got to 80 meters and didnt have the entire building in frame, from the camera pointing down, so birds eye.

there are no regulations about height, but im uncomfortable and unsure flying higher then necessary, i got to 80 meters and didn't have the entire building in frame, from the camera pointing down, so birds eye.

ok well try to think of it this way the higher you are the better chance you have keeping a good signal (within reason of course) If there are no height restrictions, then try just to relax and slowly take her up, take your time, The Mavic is easily capable at the 400 foot limits quoted by som,e so you still have 40m to play with and if you think about it 40m is not so much higher than 80m.

whatever can happen at 120m can happen at 80m, Also if you have ever flown more than 100m in front of you why be uncomfortable going 100m above you?

There is little difference except trees become air traffic and if there is no restrictions then there is no air traffic so you are safer up there than at ground level..

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
ok well try to think of it this way the higher you are the better chance you have keeping a good signal (within reason of course) If there are no height restrictions, then try just to relax and slowly take her up, take your time, The Mavic is easily capable at the 400 foot limits quoted by som,e so you still have 40m to play with and if you think about it 40m is not so much higher than 80m.

whatever can happen at 120m can happen at 80m, Also if you have ever flown more than 100m in front of you why be uncomfortable going 100m above you?

There is little difference except trees become air traffic and if there is no restrictions then there is no air traffic so you are safer up there than at ground level..

That's really well said, I guess I'll have to give it a try [emoji38]

Reactions: Gary cato
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54