DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Helicopter flies right across a, and it's close. Please read the description below.

cgmaxed

Reactions

This drone pilot must have been on his lunch break, when this helicopter crossed his path.

Please read the description in the Video's YouTube channel before you have a heart attack over it. Or just read the text, I cut and pasted from the video.

Spoiler Alert, "Well you all like to see rare footage, right? So I searched and searched and asked friend after friend. This is what we found. It'll shock and amaze, as well as anger some of us in the drone arena. What was the drone pilot doing. Taking a lunch break? No he was working hard to create this video. It's called computer generated imaging. The Helicopter is a fake. But, I thought you all would enjoy watching an impossibly possible real-world scenario play out on the "silver screen". How was it made? First the video was shot with a DJI air2S, the video was then converted into individual images, to make it easier to work with. This sequence of images was put into camera solving software, which estimates the location, height, focal length, and movement of the drones camera. This information is put into 3d rendering software. Now we have an empty scene, with a reconstructed camera. Then a 3D Helicopter is rigged and flown in front of the computer generated camera with the original video as it's backdrop. Then the video with the 3d helicopter is rendered and , put into a video editor for post work, like adding sound and creating slow motion, etc."

Last edited by a moderator:
Shows how easily fooled the public can be. Sadly it’s used and repeated so often on social media. As Fact ?

Cool video….edit

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Glad I read the spoiler alert first!

What is the point of this?
Art? The same reason members post video or photos. To let others appreciate it for what it is. What do you do with your video footage or cell phone pictures you take? You show them to people. Well, at least most people do. I think this guy's video looks pretty cool actually. If I didn't read the post, I would have thought it was real and maybe have made a few nasty comments. Maybe.
Crazy drone pilot!

Interesting. Although I can do the same thing, this one I would think is best left undone for all the obvious reasons.

Interesting how we can see what we expect to see.
Could just as easily be two helicopters passing at low level, especially with the sound track.

Could just as easily be two helicopters passing at low level, especially with the sound track.
@cgmaxed
If it's not too much trouble, it would be cool if you could over exagerate it and put several helicopters in the FOV at the same time and spaced out over time. Maybe throw in some flying people while you're at it. LOL

That crossed my mind after I finished making it. You hear helicopter blades, not drone blades or a sound track. Yeah, it looks and sounds more like 2 helicopters crossing paths. This shows us, how easily the News can manipulate perceptions with the way they word their headlines. Everyone reads the headline, but skim the the article or not read it at all.

I can't believe that clip would fool anyone, but I have seen some pretty poorly manipulated videos that people believe are real.

Old thread but yes so easy to pick this one.
Just the soundtrack alone is ridiculous.

Frank, no shadow or water reflection too 😬😂😛

Now you search here on the forum for Antonov An-225, a drone taking footage of this one and only aircraft in (well, was in) existence.
So many here said CGI immediately, even citing MS flight sim footage, but a little digging shows how real that clip was.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters