DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello. A little confused in Bay Area, CA

NAPA15RT

Reactions
Hello. Finally bought a mavic air 2. Always wanted a drone. Where i am confused is most of my area is controlled air space. Cant I just go to my local park or school or off the beaten path and just take drone up for a spin ? If I request authorization to fly is it ever denied ? I am about 2 miles from a small airport. Just wondering before I open and cant fly. Also is the mini 2 exempt from the whole thing ?

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

No drone is exempt from standard flight zone types and restrictions.

Check out the California thread as the places to fly are discussed a lot.

Be sure to register with the FAA and put the number on the drone exterior. Go to FAA DroneZone.
Finaly, recommend you read this... the full 60 page manual for your drone. Only available online from the DJI website. Here’s the link:

recommend you practice in a flat open area away from water, trees, power lines, etc. , until the controls and drone’s response are second nature.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland NAPA15RT.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Finally bought a mavic air 2. Always wanted a drone.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution and view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ