DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello All! And 107 Question

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello all from Upstate NY near Albany! "newish" Part 107 operator here. Airframe is a DJI Air2S. Little background on me, I am a former USMC Air Traffic Controller (RADAR, 7253) from 1991-1995. Avid flight sim enthusiast, and still fly from my desk. :) I plan on using drones to add to my side hustle and start doing aerial photog work. I am also a full-time Sr. IT Analyst for the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs and will also be bringing the Drone along with me for DEMPS deployments. (we go into storm areas after hurricane, etc as part of the VA's 4th mission) ....but enough about me....quick question?

I passed my exam on Sept 19th. Got my temp card (printed) from IACRA, only shows it was received by Airmen's registry on Oct 5th. Any ideas on how much longer to get my permanent plastic?

thanks all!
Welcome! I am new to the world of drones so I can't offer any advice on the 107. But I also served in the Marines (2001-2006) in the signals intelligence field. Lifelong lover of aviation as well!

Hello all from Upstate NY near Albany! "newish" Part 107 operator here. Airframe is a DJI Air2S. Little background on me, I am a former USMC Air Traffic Controller (RADAR, 7253) from 1991-1995. Avid flight sim enthusiast, and still fly from my desk. :) I plan on using drones to add to my side hustle and start doing aerial photog work. I am also a full-time Sr. IT Analyst for the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs and will also be bringing the Drone along with me for DEMPS deployments. (we go into storm areas after hurricane, etc as part of the VA's 4th mission) ....but enough about me....quick question?

I passed my exam on Sept 19th. Got my temp card (printed) from IACRA, only shows it was received by Airmen's registry on Oct 5th. Any ideas on how much longer to get my permanent plastic?

thanks all!
The reason why it can take up to 7 weeks, is because of the TSA background check, that is on going while you are flying under your temporary certificate.

Reactions: LoudThunder
At least you folks in the US get an actual plastic card! Here in Canada, we have the privilege of printing out our full page, and there ya go done!

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder

thanks all!
Greetings from Colorado, USA🇺🇸, welcome to the forum🎄

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom