DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello All! And 107 Question

jbinner12184

Reactions
Hello all from Upstate NY near Albany! "newish" Part 107 operator here. Airframe is a DJI Air2S. Little background on me, I am a former USMC Air Traffic Controller (RADAR, 7253) from 1991-1995. Avid flight sim enthusiast, and still fly from my desk. :) I plan on using drones to add to my side hustle and start doing aerial photog work. I am also a full-time Sr. IT Analyst for the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs and will also be bringing the Drone along with me for DEMPS deployments. (we go into storm areas after hurricane, etc as part of the VA's 4th mission) ....but enough about me....quick question?

I passed my exam on Sept 19th. Got my temp card (printed) from IACRA, only shows it was received by Airmen's registry on Oct 5th. Any ideas on how much longer to get my permanent plastic?

thanks all!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

The card will arrive but it sometimes takes a while. I think I waited 3 months

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello all from Upstate NY near Albany! "newish" Part 107 operator here. Airframe is a DJI Air2S. Little background on me, I am a former USMC Air Traffic Controller (RADAR, 7253) from 1991-1995. Avid flight sim enthusiast, and still fly from my desk. :) I plan on using drones to add to my side hustle and start doing aerial photog work. I am also a full-time Sr. IT Analyst for the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs and will also be bringing the Drone along with me for DEMPS deployments. (we go into storm areas after hurricane, etc as part of the VA's 4th mission) ....but enough about me....quick question?

I passed my exam on Sept 19th. Got my temp card (printed) from IACRA, only shows it was received by Airmen's registry on Oct 5th. Any ideas on how much longer to get my permanent plastic?

thanks all!
Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I passed the exam about two weeks ago and still waiting. According to Pilot institute it will take like a month or so. The temporary certificate is valid for six months, I hope it will not take that long.

Hello all from Upstate NY near Albany! "newish" Part 107 operator here. Airframe is a DJI Air2S. Little background on me, I am a former USMC Air Traffic Controller (RADAR, 7253) from 1991-1995.
Hey, Hey, Hey,

So much the same, so much different… I also recently passed my Part 107 on 19 October… Like you I have a Temp Certificate with "PENDING" on the Certificate Number. Be sure to Print it, Sign it, and carry it with you whenever you are flying under your Part 107 "License…" Be sure to reregister your drone under the FAADroneZone Web Site, if it was registered when you were flying recreationally, it still needs to be registered under Part 107…

As it turns out, I received an email from the FAA this morning, Titled "Remote Pilot temporary certificate is ready in IACRA"

It reads……………………………………………………………..

To: LoudThunder (They used my actual name…),

Application#:XXXXXXX (the same number as the Application Number…)

Your Remote Pilot Temporary Certificate is ready for you to print. Log into IACRA, then in the Existing Applications section of your Applicant Console, click the green "Temporary Certificate" button. You MUST allow popups to print your temporary certificate. The temporary certificate will only be available to print in IACRA for a limited time. Once the Airman Registry processes your application, the temporary certificate will no longer be available to print in IACRA.

Please note, if the Airman Information section of the Applicant Console says, "You currently do not have any certificates in Airmen" that message is NOT related to your Remote Pilot temporary certificate. That section displays information about permanent certificates only. The temporary certificate gives you the authority to operate as a Remote Pilot for 120 days or until your permanent certificate arrives. You are required to carry your certificate with you at all times when you are operating as a Remote Pilot.

If you need further assistance or clarification about the Remote pilot application process, please contact the Airmen Certification Branch at 405-954-3261 or 866-878-2498 (toll free), or you can email them at [email protected].

Thank You.

End of Email………………………………………..

I have two friends who took their exam in the summer and one received his License in 3-weeks and the other received her license after 6 or 7-weeks… So, there is no telling how long it could take…

However, you can now work under the auspices of the Temp Certificate…

However, something in your note raises some flags… "I am also a full-time Sr. IT Analyst for the US Dept of Veteran's Affairs and will also be bringing the Drone along with me for DEMPS deployments. (we go into storm areas after hurricane, etc as part of the VA's 4th mission)"

If you perform work under the 107 flag you are flying under "Civil" rules and regulations, but once you start flying under the VA banner, it falls under "Pubic" rules and regulations… The same as Police, Fire and Rescue, and other such activities… And neither you nor I studied for our 107 license under the Public Flag and you might want to do some checking into this before you get started…

Here in Virginia, those entities will not let you fly, even as a volunteer, unless you have your Part 107, it could be that they just want to be sure you know the rules and regulations and not some hobbyist looking for some excitement…

Now, to lighten the mood, I am also a Vet, Air Force, over 30-years, also Comm/Computers (3C000). And I too grew up in upstate New York, near Albany, actually Guilderland, the wife, Voorheesville… but after 30-years away, the wife and I could not call it home anymore and we settled here in Virginia.

Ever onward…

We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

And, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

So, Welcome to the community and I hope we hear much from you.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ;) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

And, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

So, Welcome to the community and I hope we hear much from you.
Am I doing something wrong? I have yet to be able to see the members map. All I get is a gray blank screen on my phone.

Am I doing something wrong? I have yet to be able to see the members map. All I get is a gray blank screen on my phone.
Hi DBez1, you are not the only one who is having an issue bringing up the Member's Map. It looks like I will need to write up an all inclusive topic to try to clear this up...

Please review the following topic that I posted recently. In it I wrote out lots of tips and hints to get the Map to show on the various computers and tablets using different browsers. I use a PC running Windows with Google Chrome and I have no experience with other Apples Computer or other browsers. But in this case, Google is your friend. if you do not know how to perform any specific function, just google it.

Reactions: Gagey52

Are you using the MavicPilots app?

I usually don't use it but thought I'd check and the map doesn't load for me either.

I use the Chrome browser on the Android phone and select "Desktop view" to view the MavicPilots site and the map works for me this way.

I found you too. :)

Screenshot_20221103_213411.jpg

Just to be clear, you must be on the MavicPilot Web Site, on the top right is link to Members, click it, and a new sub-banner pops up with Member's Map, Click that link… (or click the following link…)

I use an Android phone and an Android Tablet and on both I use Google Chrome and the Member's Map comes up on both. The phone screen is really too small, but it's still there… The Tablet's screen, 10", is easy to use…

Just to be clear,

Yes. I know.

There's three different ways to view the site from my experience using the phone.

1) The App.

2) Chrome browser (app I guess), that displays the site in a phone friendly way.

3) Same as #2 above, but select desktop view in the drop down menu that looks like the PC view.

on the top right is link to Members,

Is only visible when using the desktop mode.

Otherwise you have to tap pop up menus to navigate your way to the members map using the app or the phone friendly version of Chrome.

Reactions: LoudThunder
As usual, thanks for the quick and in depth answer. I’ll check it out tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom