DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Arizona

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome.
What have you had in the Mavic lineup so far ?
Kept them all ?
Favourite Mavic ?
Enjoy the forum and look forward to some of your input here.
I started out with a Mavic Pro, which turned out to be a real workhorse. I mainly used it for aerial photography and photogrammetry. It was still going strong when I sold it for a used MP2 with low hours, just as the M3 was coming out. Lucky me, I was gifted a M3 on my birthday, same as release day. Ha, I can't dislike it, I can't take it back, so I'm all in now...

I also fly professionally within my job, I'm currently the only licensed pilot. Right now we rely on a Phantom 4 Pro v2 for mapping but that could change this year into something more accurate.

I'm gonna keep the M2P for as long as it will function properly. The M3 is in limbo...but I'm happy with it for now, not as many problems as others have had. I'd say the M3 is my favorite if only for the camera and battery life. The M2P is awesome too, and I need it since I still plan to map off company time.

Hey everyone, finally jumping in to learn more and hopefully help others. I've been flying a Mavic for 4 years now, starting with a Pro.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Debaser_AZ.

welcome to the Forum. 😎

I started out with a Mavic Pro, which turned out to be a real workhorse. I mainly used it for aerial photography and photogrammetry. It was still going strong when I sold it for a used MP2 with low hours, just as the M3 was coming out. Lucky me, I was gifted a M3 on my birthday, same as release day. Ha, I can't dislike it, I can't take it back, so I'm all in now...

I also fly professionally within my job, I'm currently the only licensed pilot. Right now we rely on a Phantom 4 Pro v2 for mapping but that could change this year into something more accurate.

I'm gonna keep the M2P for as long as it will function properly. The M3 is in limbo...but I'm happy with it for now, not as many problems as others have had. I'd say the M3 is my favorite if only for the camera and battery life. The M2P is awesome too, and I need it since I still plan to map off company time.

A great background, and awesome to be able to fly with your work.
Yes, the M3 is restricted to good photography and video for now, who knows when mapping etc might become available.
But in reality it's been created for its current use, so probably best to keep using P4P / other such for mapping.

Still flying my original M1P (and Spark), and not all that bothered about higher grade photos at this stage.
If I was buying the Air2S would probably get my $, great for rec pilots wanting fairly good images (and video).

Enjoy the M3 when you get into flying it more, many of the early bugs are getting sorted out, and hopefully full / more features will come online reliably soon with updates.

Hey everyone, finally jumping in to learn more and hopefully help others. I've been flying a Mavic for 4 years now, starting with
Hey everyone, finally jumping in to learn more and hopefully help others. I've been flying a Mavic for 4 years now, starting with a Pro.
hi and welcome to the forum, from Len in South Wales UK
F

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

A great background, and awesome to be able to fly with your work.
Yes, the M3 is restricted to good photography and video for now, who knows when mapping etc might become available.
But in reality it's been created for its current use, so probably best to keep using P4P / other such for mapping.

Still flying my original M1P (and Spark), and not all that bothered about higher grade photos at this stage.
If I was buying the Air2S would probably get my $, great for rec pilots wanting fairly good images (and video).

Enjoy the M3 when you get into flying it more, many of the early bugs are getting sorted out, and hopefully full / more features will come online reliably soon with updates.
Yeah, I knew that going in. The only reason I was excited for the M3 was the rumors of a mechanical shutter, which suggested M3 could replace the Phantom line. Not a big deal it didn't appear since I hope to move the UAVs we use at work into something with RTK, maybe fixed wing. I do have other ideas to make additional money with my M3 but is that even possible? Heh, that's partly why I'm finally here instead of lurking..

Been flying the M3 everyday, I live in open area with no restrictions. Working well so far, but I do have to wait a little bit longer for the GPS home point acquisition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic