DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Bangladesh

Hey guys, I' visiting bangladesh soon, anyone here from around the Dhaka area where we can fly together ? Also what do I have to do before taking my drone there from the UK?

Reactions: Saadman1
Hey guys, I' visiting bangladesh soon, anyone here from around the Dhaka area where we can fly together ? Also what do I have to do before taking my drone there from the UK?

Hey bro! Sure we can fly together. Just lemme' know when you're here. Also, what's your drone? If its a compact one like a Mavic Air or Pro just take off the props and place them in a different bag so that nobody can tell if its a drone or a camera. That's what I do when I travel with it. Works like a charm :)

Hey bro! Sure we can fly together. Just lemme' know when you're here. Also, what's your drone? If its a compact one like a Mavic Air or Pro just take off the props and place them in a different bag so that nobody can tell if its a drone or a camera. That's what I do when I travel with it. Works like a charm :)
I really want to bro but you definitely sure its works just like that? Not looking to get it confiscated and fined.... what area you from btw?

I really want to bro but you definitely sure its works just like that? Not looking to get it confiscated and fined.... what area you from btw?
Banani. Phantoms get confiscated cos of the size and shape. Mavics don't cos its foldable. What's your drone?

You should be fine then. Take the props in a different bag.

Thanks man. So I keep the battery separately aswell ? And do you know any nice open rural places for drone recording? Any areas where drone flyers usually go to fly it?

Thanks man. So I keep the battery separately aswell ? And do you know any nice open rural places for drone recording? Any areas where drone flyers usually go to fly it?
All kinds of batteries should be in cabin baggage and that's the general rule when you're flying. You prolly can carry the props in the same bag with the batteries. The rest can be in the checked-in luggage. Well, drone flying is illegal in Bangladesh so we kinda go outside the city and fly it where we won't draw any attention. There are many places outside Dhaka where we go and fly such as the villages and resorts.

Hi Naim999,
I am considering buying a Mavic-Air for my next year's visit to Bangladesh.

If you have already traveled to Bangladesh, just wondering how did your passage through the airport go with your MP?

I am so glad to have found this forum.

Thanks to Saadman1 for starting this thread!

Last edited:
Hi Naim999,
I am considering buying a Mavic-Air for my next year's visit to Bangladesh.

If you have already traveled to Bangladesh, just wondering how did your passage through the airport go with your MP?

I am so glad to have found this forum.

Thanks to Saadman1 for starting this thread!

Hi kshumon
Shouldnt be a problem I don't think though i haven't travelled yet as Im going in April, as Mavics are foldable I think this is why they are easy to carry. However with phantoms and inspire theya rent foldable to easy to get caught with...

Hi kshumon
Shouldnt be a problem I don't think though i haven't travelled yet as Im going in April, as Mavics are foldable I think this is why they are easy to carry. However with phantoms and inspire theya rent foldable to easy to get caught with...
True. The Mavic Air is a gamechanger. Small, fast and takes amazing photos and videos for a drone of that size. It raises no suspicion at the airport if it doesn't have the props with it. If they check, you can easily tell them its a camera. I took it out from Dhaka twice and brought it back in without any hassle.

Reactions: kshumon2000
Hello everyone. I am new on this forum. I understand this is a forum for DJI Mavic owners but I have a DJI Spark. Hopefully this online community won't find that too much of an issue. I did however have a question for everyone. I recently noticed that my drone has a lot of trouble finding satellite signal and I get restricted to ATTI mode. I live in Gulshan 2 and have had a lot of trouble finding satellite signal while even two or three months ago, that was not an issue. I also tried to fly my drone last week (9th December, 2018) in Cox's Bazaar and even there my drone was unable to find satellite connection.

Is this a problem (finding satellite or GPS signal) that other people have faced too recently?

Welcome to the forum .
Don't have a spark but sure some here do and can help you ,and will but we do have a SparkPilots Forum you might join also if you didn't know . Link to it is at bottom of page and you will just have to join there like you did here . Good luck .0ROJYyg.png

Hello everyone. I am new on this forum. I understand this is a forum for DJI Mavic owners but I have a DJI Spark. Hopefully this online community won't find that too much of an issue. I did however have a question for everyone. I recently noticed that my drone has a lot of trouble finding satellite signal and I get restricted to ATTI mode. I live in Gulshan 2 and have had a lot of trouble finding satellite signal while even two or three months ago, that was not an issue. I also tried to fly my drone last week (9th December, 2018) in Cox's Bazaar and even there my drone was unable to find satellite connection.

Is this a problem (finding satellite or GPS signal) that other people have faced too recently?
I think It's cos the Govt. has restricted some telecommunication channels in the Gulshan area. Mobile internet in Gulshan is also very restricted. That should explain everything if you know what I mean. it won't be fixed till the election is over. And, it has nothing to do with your quad.

I think It's cos the Govt. has restricted some telecommunication channels in the Gulshan area. Mobile internet in Gulshan is also very restricted. That should explain everything if you know what I mean. it won't be fixed till the election is over. And, it has nothing to do with your quad.
Thank you for the response. That was my guess too. I have noticed a downgrade in Cell phone reception too in the last month so it makes sense that the drone would have trouble finding GPS signals. Kudos on creating this forum btw!

welcome!
I hope we will benefit from each other
We help each other
We provide information and services to each other and I think this site here provides the best possibilities

Thank you all for accepting me and wish the best of all

Hi Sandman. I did the same as you: just bought the Mavic Air at the airport in Bangkok, on an impulse.
I'm currently in Yangon but back in Dhaka on the weekend. Let me know if you'd like to get to get together with another newbie, if you'd like to try to do some mutual flying
Glen
That is a very idea, I will do that and hopefully I will not have any problems, wish me luck. Thank you for advice I really appreciate it.

Hey Milton,

Did you end up travelling with the Spark? Did you have any issues?

I just got back from a week in Nepal, so missed your query yesterday.
But I'm back and I'm in Gulshan-2 and I just went up on the roof of my flat and once I recalibrated the compass my signals were clear and I was ready to fly. Considering that I'm right under the flight plan of the airport I didn't bring it higher then 1 1/2 to 2 meters but just skimmed around the terrace deck here for a few minutes and had no problems.
But with that said, I have seen these last weeks frequent loss of phone-coverage signals and lots of interference. That might be giving you grief, as well as tighter constraints to the flying space, considering how close the airport is to G-2.
For what its worth, I also put my phone in to the controller in airplane mode.
G

True. The Mavic Air is a gamechanger. Small, fast and takes amazing photos and videos for a drone of that size. It raises no suspicion at the airport if it doesn't have the props with it. If they check, you can easily tell them its a camera. I took it out from Dhaka twice and brought it back in without any hassle.
Hey Sadman,

I have a spark. I have travelled with it in 3/4 countries without any issues. But I haven't taken it to Dhaka yet because of all the confiscation stories. But a few of my friend has. Since Spark is very small it's easier to travel with. According to your earlier posts, I was thinking may be put the thing in the luggage. Take off the the batteries (batteries have to be carried in cabin baggage anyway) and also take off the props. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks mate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3