DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Bath, UK

Ty_Emery1

Reactions
Hi everyone! My name is Ty and I live near Bath, UK. I am a new (and nervous) Mavic pro user and I look forward to chatting with you guys over the next few months. Looking to join a drone club or possibly even start one in my area, would love to hear from other like minded folk near me who are into the same thing. I eventually plan to use my drone for film making so am also looking to meet with people who are interested in that too. This seems like a friendly and helpful group and I look forward to chatting with you :)

Hi everyone! My name is Ty and I live near Bath, UK. I am a new (and nervous) Mavic pro user and I look forward to chatting with you guys over the next few months. Looking to join a drone club or possibly even start one in my area, would love to hear from other like minded folk near me who are into the same thing. I eventually plan to use my drone for film making so am also looking to meet with people who are interested in that too. This seems like a friendly and helpful group and I look forward to chatting with you :)
Howdy from Wyoming Ty_Emery1, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Ty_Emery1
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Welcome Ty to the Mavic Pilots forum. The is the place for you to get all the help you need for your new Mavic.

Hi Ty, you still flying? I'm in bath too...

Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay, there's a wealth of information to be had here :)

Hi there Giboman ,how's it going? Despite the fact that I almost lost the drone today by flying over water without the VPS turned off (any other surprises? ) everything is awesome . I went into the center of bath today at 6 am figuring is get some peace and quiet to do sound shooting and had some great fun flying around the Abbey .screen_4ba99a1c3b969b04_1524374468000.jpg

Nice shot Bosque......, you braver than me lol, I only been out once , still a bit scare after so many stories I’ve heard about losing the drone..i kept losing connection while till I tried on airplane mode,

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Here in our area we have a Meetup group, you may have something similar there. Fly safe and have fun!

I'm just gunna hijack this thread to say Hi as well.
I'm also from Bath.

Here's my maiden flight taken at the Glasshouse playing field in Bath.

Really great first flight ! I got ones of my daughter running around like an idiot trying to escape the tracking too ! This weekend I'm down at Lyme Regis, gonna mess around with some cliffs!

Hi there Giboman ,how's it going? Despite the fact that I almost lost the drone today by flying over water without the VPS turned off (any other surprises? ) everything is awesome . I went into the center of bath today at 6 am figuring is get some peace and quiet to do sound shooting and had some great fun flying around the Abbey .View attachment 36281
I'm not the drone police, but please 're read the UK Drone code. Conjested area ?

Or even congested area ? ;) Bath at 6 am on a Sunday morning not so busy. And no drone police in sight! Thumbswayup

Hello and welcome from Northampton UK. I'm new too and was very apprehensive about it. As is, I've come out of beginner mode after two suitable days of dry if a little windy weather. My first 5 batteries of flying were all done in beginner mode and I'd recommend you do the same, in beginner mode it won't take off until its locked sufficient satellites to know where it is exactly. Also make sure its switched to beginner mode prior to each flight. Second day of flying mine defaulted back to normal to my surprise. Beginner mode it's hard to crash but start in a big open park. Don't fly in rain even very fine, light spitting rain. Out of frustration with the forecast constantly being wrong, I did but terminated it after 10 mind as everything started to get increasingly wet. Also be very careful of wind. 100 odd feet up a light breeze seems to be for me at least, a howling gale a bit of wind probably being forced over trees. I now look to fly very early in the morning or late evening before the wind picks up or after its died down. You will however find it easy to keep in the air, and it's designed to be. Nice places to fly around Bath. Feel free to ask me anything if you want but like you, I am very new.

I'm in Bath too and want to try a Mavic Pro as I'm being asked to fly one for a friend when I'm on holiday in June. Is there anyone nearby who could spare some time to show me?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky