DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cle Elum, WA

Mario T

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Just found this site and glad to be part of it. New to the drone world. I travel for a living so it would be great to meet other Mavic users from around the globe. Waiting for my certificate to go through iacra, a new level of patience has been achieved. Any other pilots around the Cle Elum, WA area or central WA?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey mario, im about a hour east! Have flown alot around the lakes there! Usually where i go camping to.

Reactions: Mario T
Hey Eric, I tried to go to the lake and do some flying but there were people with dogs and a few kids around. I need to find an open area where to get some time to get used to flying. Can you recommend an area?

I usually drive up away from people on the forest service roads around both lakes and find a open spot to fly and go shooting, was wanting to get up there soon and check out if theres much snow! Alot of wide open spaces around ellensburg, haven't flown much there yet just mainly cle elum and teannaway area.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I usually drive up away from people on the forest service roads around both lakes and find a open spot to fly and go shooting, was wanting to get up there soon and check out if theres much snow! Alot of wide open spaces around ellensburg, haven't flown much there yet just mainly cle elum and teannaway area.

There is some snow up in the top of the mountains but it's getting warmer here and melting, now watch as we get another storm and it buries us in snow after saying that. I might head up to the lake again later today and try again. I might just end up driving to the middle of nowhere and just fly, ha ha ha.

If you get up there let me know if you can get across the bridge at the north end of the lake where everyone camps, curious if much is left there.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

If you get up there let me know if you can get across the bridge at the north end of the lake where everyone camps, curious if much is left there.

Yes, you can Eric, there is snow and the car I was driving is not suitable for those conditions. Everything looks normal up there. Don't know about further up the trail but as far as I could see it looks the same as it did before the fire.

I was surprised at how easy it was to fly the Mavic Air. Spent some time getting used to the controls and how everything works together. Can't wait to start taking some photos and videos. My brother can't wait for me to upgrade so he can have my drone, ha ha ha.

Yes, you can Eric, there is snow and the car I was driving is not suitable for those conditions. Everything looks normal up there. Don't know about further up the trail but as far as I could see it looks the same as it did before the fire.

awesome thanks for the info!

Hello everyone,

Just found this site and glad to be part of it. New to the drone world. I travel for a living so it would be great to meet other Mavic users from around the globe. Waiting for my certificate to go through iacra, a new level of patience has been achieved. Any other pilots around the Cle Elum, WA area or central WA?
I presume that WA is not Western Australia where I live.

Remember this is an international forum

I presume that WA is not Western Australia where I live.

Remember this is an international forum

No, but WA is going to be on my next visit Down Under. I've done the whole east coast and Perth is next! I would move to Australia in a heartbeat if my other half was not so keen on staying in the US.

Hello everyone,

Howdy from Wyoming @Mario T , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD