DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cork, Ireland.

Johnie5

Reactions
Hey all

Just got my Mavic Pro. I picked up a combo kit and already am glad of the extra couple of batteries. I'm blown away by this. I live just a couple of miles from the coast and took her for a ride out over some rocks and the waves, I was nervous :)))) . One thing I noticed is that I lost the signal somehow, not sure why, I was in visual range, I returned it to it's home position, shut it down and restarted with no issue. A set of filters arrived today also, didn't try them out yet but I did capture some great footage. Anyway, glad to be here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Johnie5
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hey all

Just got my Mavic Pro. I picked up a combo kit and already am glad of the extra couple of batteries. I'm blown away by this. I live just a couple of miles from the coast and took her for a ride out over some rocks and the waves, I was nervous :)))) . One thing I noticed is that I lost the signal somehow, not sure why, I was in visual range, I returned it to it's home position, shut it down and restarted with no issue. A set of filters arrived today also, didn't try them out yet but I did capture some great footage. Anyway, glad to be here.
Hey johnie5, also from cork, how you finding the mp so far.. i should be placing my order for the flymore combo soon.. and restrictions in flying with the newer nfz on the latest software ?

Reactions: Johnie5
Hey,
The Mavic is great, I hope your wait is not too long. I've been mainly spending time to learn to control it and fly it well when I get the time. I just have mine a little over 2 weeks, when I fired it up first it asked me to update the firmware, it hasn't since, says I'm running the latest firmware version. But I have updated the DJI GO 4 app a few days ago and there are bugs. I use the iOS version but I believe there are bugs with android too. I switched over to using Litchi, used it yesterday with no issues. I see no issues with any new restrictions, I do get a message when it starts to tell me I'm near a flight path and to fly with caution, but that's it.

Reactions: robbiew
Hey,
The Mavic is great, I hope your wait is not too long. I've been mainly spending time to learn to control it and fly it well when I get the time. I just have mine a little over 2 weeks, when I fired it up first it asked me to update the firmware, it hasn't since, says I'm running the latest firmware version. But I have updated the DJI GO 4 app a few days ago and there are bugs. I use the iOS version but I believe there are bugs with android too. I switched over to using Litchi, used it yesterday with no issues. I see no issues with any new restrictions, I do get a message when it starts to tell me I'm near a flight path and to fly with caution, but that's it.
Cool, thanks for the update bud.. i can't wait to get my hands on one.. just have to look for a cheapish ipad mini 3 now, man it's an expensive hobby this drone stuff..
I'll keep ya posted when i actually get mine.. NCT due next week as well, better get my car checked out as well.
Take care bud..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J