DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from Greece :(

hi i am Spiros and i am a very new (less than 25mins ) "pilot"
... a strong wind gust and my inexperience made me to lost my bright new Mavic mini :(
is there a hope to continue my.... pilot career ?
Welcome Spiros.
Καλώς ήρθες Σπύρο.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

Я надеюсь, что вы найдете свой Mavic Mini! When you find it, practice using the “Find My Drone” App, and
read the manual.

You picked a good drone in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a good camera.

At 249 grams, the Mini doesn’t handle wind as well as heavier drones, so on windy days, fly so that you'll have a tailwind on the way back. Many of our members have lost our Minis due to high winds.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Some of our members have trouble with it. Also, you might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection.

Я очень рад, что ты присоединился к нам, Спирос. Счастливого полета!

Welcome Spiros!

Sorry to hear about your loss :( But don't give up! Many of us loose their aircrafts, it's a part of the learning process.

The Mavic Mini is so small and light, it is very sensitive to winds. So it is very easy to loose it when you fly, because it is so fun and exhilarating :)

Two things;

1: Is there a "FInd my drone" function in the Fly app? In the Go4 app, there is such a function. Saved my Mavic Pro one time, praise be to DJI.

2: If you don't find it, you could try to post your flight log in the "Crash and flyaway assistance" section of the forum. If you are lucky, one of the geniuses who frequently posts there, might be able to point you in the right direction wherre your Mini went down.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

Я надеюсь, что вы найдете свой Mavic Mini! When you find it, practice using the “Find My Drone” App, and
read the manual.

You picked a good drone in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a good camera.

At 249 grams, the Mini doesn’t handle wind as well as heavier drones, so on windy days, fly so that you'll have a tailwind on the way back. Many of our members have lost our Minis due to high winds.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Some of our members have trouble with it. Also, you might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection.

Я очень рад, что ты присоединился к нам, Спирос. Счастливого полета!
Спасибо Hauptmann, но сначала надо научиться летать, а после FCC взлома :)

Welcome Spiros!

Sorry to hear about your loss :( But don't give up! Many of us loose their aircrafts, it's a part of the learning process.

The Mavic Mini is so small and light, it is very sensitive to winds. So it is very easy to loose it when you fly, because it is so fun and exhilarating :)

Two things;

1: Is there a "FInd my drone" function in the Fly app? In the Go4 app, there is such a function. Saved my Mavic Pro one time, praise be to DJI.

2: If you don't find it, you could try to post your flight log in the "Crash and flyaway assistance" section of the forum. If you are lucky, one of the geniuses who frequently posts there, might be able to point you in the right direction wherre your Mini went down.
thanx Flygmaskin :) i have the function "Find my drone" but i run out of battery :(

thanx Flygmaskin :) i have the function "Find my drone" but i run out of battery :(

If you open the "Find my drone" function, doesn't it show the last known position of your Mini?

Even if the battery is dead, the app will give you the last known position. Have you searched there?

But of course, depending on what happened, if there were disconnects and such, it might not be accurate.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Wishing you good luck with finding your bird

hi i am Spiros and i am a very new (less than 25mins ) "pilot"
... a strong wind gust and my inexperience made me to lost my bright new Mavic mini :(
is there a hope to continue my.... pilot career ?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you get back in the air soon!

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan