DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Hawaii

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida!

Reactions: HawaiiAirVid
Hi....
Will be flying to you beautiful sate in Feb and taking a 7 day cruise to all the different islands...will be bringing all my camera gear and my MA...can you give me some good ideas as to where I can get some great shots.....and any information that would be helpful....are their any special rules for drone flyers.
Thanks

Hello and Welcome to the forum :)

I have only used the MA around my house for now. Too much rain. Which waterfall? Half the island is National Park so you have to be careful where you fly.

I don’t think the water fall has a name but it was on private property at a ranch near Hilo. I haven’t posted a video from that day yet but will soon. I posted several videos of locations in Hawaii I filmed already on my pilot check in thread. Hello from Miami. Looking for feedback

Hi....
Will be flying to you beautiful sate in Feb and taking a 7 day cruise to all the different islands...will be bringing all my camera gear and my MA...can you give me some good ideas as to where I can get some great shots.....and any information that would be helpful....are their any special rules for drone flyers.
Thanks
Its a great environment for photography, it's hard to take a bad picture! There are racks of booklets that are promoting activities so grab a bunch of those and look them over. They are very helpful and I do it every time I visit a different Island.

Don't let the amount of homelessness surprise you, it's expensive here but the weather is pretty good most of the time.

Many of the significant sights are National Parks so it's tricky to use your drone here.

Vegetation is thick all over so take a good flashlight. If you lose your drone shine the light in the direction you think the drone went down and watch the monitor for a flash of light, the flashlight should be pointing at the lost drone.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Aloha from the Big Island. I have lots of experience crashing and losing cheap drones. Finally bought a MA and the difference is amazing.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinNorgarb