DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Indiana

Jethro

Reactions
So I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo, I've been drooling over DJI drones for almost 2 years but my wife had always told me no, well on April 23, my wife took off her ring and said she wanted to be single again after 20yrs of marriage, so on April 24, I ordered my drone. I'm very excited about it, it came in yesterday and I did the set ups and all the updates, and test flew it for 11 minutes.

I joined this forum in hopes of soaking up all the info I can about this hobby. I've watched probably 1000 hours of drone videos, reviews, safety videos, do's and don'ts videos and accessory videos just out of enthusiasm for one day owning one. I've already ordered a few accessories like a stick guard for the remote, lens filters, and a skin set (because I'm a Marine and I like cammo), and I'm still undecided on a case and if I want to pick up a tablet for flying rather than using my phone. The only problem with the tablet idea is that I wouldnt be able to see the remote screen, but as a newbie, I dont know if you really need to all that much anyways,

I do hope to learn a lot more from this website and hopefully as I learn I can contribute as well. I dont think I jumped in to this hobby, as I have been following it for a while, but I do know I have a lot to learn so any info you all throw my way is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance

Reactions: dirkclod
So I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo, I've been drooling over DJI drones for almost 2 years but my wife had always told me no, well on April 23, my wife took off her ring and said she wanted to be single again after 20yrs of marriage, so on April 24, I ordered my drone. I'm very excited about it, it came in yesterday and I did the set ups and all the updates, and test flew it for 11 minutes.

I joined this forum in hopes of soaking up all the info I can about this hobby. I've watched probably 1000 hours of drone videos, reviews, safety videos, do's and don'ts videos and accessory videos just out of enthusiasm for one day owning one. I've already ordered a few accessories like a stick guard for the remote, lens filters, and a skin set (because I'm a Marine and I like cammo), and I'm still undecided on a case and if I want to pick up a tablet for flying rather than using my phone. The only problem with the tablet idea is that I wouldnt be able to see the remote screen, but as a newbie, I dont know if you really need to all that much anyways,

I do hope to learn a lot more from this website and hopefully as I learn I can contribute as well. I dont think I jumped in to this hobby, as I have been following it for a while, but I do know I have a lot to learn so any info you all throw my way is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance
Howdy from Wyoming @Jethro , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had here so take your time and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Have a great one and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from over here in Dayton Ohio! Enjoy the Mavic Pro, it's a great machine! I'm sorry to hear about your separation, I hope things work out for the best. In the meantime fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I thank you for all the welcomes, I've only got about 70 minutes of flight time so far, but I've mostly been trying to learn it, adjust settings, and get used to flight by the screen but only when Im well away from everything, definately having a lot of fun with it too. Definately worth the investment

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum