DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from London, UK

Hello,

I am a complete drone noob and have just purchased the Air 2 as my birthday present :) I am watching all the tutorials I can find on YouTube on all the tips and tricks, but due to the lockdown I haven't had a chance to actually fly it.

Any first time flyer advise would be greatly appreciated! I have already downloaded and checked out the AirMap app as well as got my pilot and operators IDs...

Looking forward to getting hooked on drones!

Cheers
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Thank you again @msinger, I was reading the battery maintaining tips and it says that in my settings I should be able to choose how quickly the batteries should start discharging, but when I checked on my drone and in the DJI Fly app, there is only information about the battery, how many times it was charged and serial number, but no option to choose the discharge settings. Could it be a new update or something like that? How can I set the discharge and how many days to set?

Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne