DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Manchester UK

BU51GET

Reactions
Hello everyone! I don’t actually have a drone (as yet) but have been looking at many available on well known E site. I am interested in the Mavic Air fly more combo.Would this be a good start for a novice? I am based on the Stockport/Didsbury border so too close to MAN but don’t mind travelling.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I’m just on the other (more commonly known as the ‘right’ side ;) ) of the Pennines in north Sheffield. Get out and about in the Pennines and Lancashire and you’ll have some spectacular scenery to shoot.

I’ve started on the Mavic Air and I’m blown away by it - really is an excellent piece of kit with just 2 caveats. The range is a little limited - I’ve had mine out to about 800m in CE mode but have just done the FCC spoof (honestly the easiest ‘technical’ thing I have ever done) and am just waiting to test the range now and the flight time is a max 15 mins if actually doing stuff.

The positives though - easy to fly, great price for what you get, good image quality and all in a tiny package makes it a winner in my book.

I can see myself buying a Mavic 2 Zoom for when I’m driving out to places due to the range and longer flight duration but for travelling, cycling etc then the Air goes everywhere.

Don’t think you’d be disappointed.

Reactions: BU51GET
Oh and definitely get the Fly More combo. You’ll want the extra batteries!! Drones Direct in Huddersfield could be worth checking out. They sometimes have refurbs and prices are good on new stock as well

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am interested in the Mavic Air fly more combo.Would this be a good start for a novice?
Any of DJI's consumer drones would be a good start for a novice.

I own the Mavic Air and really like it. It's built well and it's compact. Range-wise, it's able to fly further than my eyes can see (the legal limit in my country). The Mavic 2 would also be a great buy if you don't mind something larger and it doesn't break your intended budget. Mavic Pros can be had for great prices these days, but I cannot recommend them over the Mavic 2 since they aren't built as well and are more fragile (especially the camera/gimbal).

Oh and definitely get the Fly More combo. You’ll want the extra batteries!! Drones Direct in Huddersfield could be worth checking out. They sometimes have refurbs and prices are good on new stock as well

Thanks for the advice kind sir! I want to get myself sorted out week commencing the 12 November as I have 1 week off work and want to take advantage of being off. Needless to say, I want to get a drone by then. I don't mind travelling even if it involves out of my area. What I don't want to do is buy something which I will regret if it doesn't fulfil basic expectations.
I want a drone with 20 min or thereabouts flying time with 3 batteries. I want something that I can fly out of the box.

My budget is around £1000 and given that the batteries tend to die after 15-20 mins having 3 batteries is a must. Is there anything else that I should get to satisfy this mid life crisis? For example goggles, camera filters, further hardware? Meeting up with like minded people would be a benefit too I guess. Anybody regular fly on the hills around Manchester/Stockport?

I haven’t found the need for any extras yet except a landing pad and I did get a parabolic mirror thing for the antennae. Not entirely sure it does anything but it was cheap enough and certainly doesn’t do any harm.

The fcc tweak is so easy to do if you have an android device it’s ridiculous. Had my Air out to 1700m and it would have happily gone further but I wanted plenty of battery to get it back again.

15-17 mins is actually plenty long enough for a single flight and with 3 batteries you’ll get plenty of flying in.

Now I’ve got the range sorted I may well hold off on the Mavic 2 and invest in even more batteries etc for the Air. It’s such a good drone.

Hello everyone! I don’t actually have a drone (as yet) but have been looking at many available on well known E site. I am interested in the Mavic Air fly more combo.Would this be a good start for a novice? I am based on the Stockport/Didsbury border so too close to MAN but don’t mind travelling.
Howdy from Wyoming @BU51GET , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! The Mavic Air is an excellent machine, can't go wrong with it. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid