DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Milwaukie, Oregon

OregonChuck

Reactions
Greetings, fellow drone addicts.

I actually got into this for my company, which wanted a way to do quick property surveys, roof inspections of buildings, and some aerial shots of periodic events we host. I've been a long time RC fixed wing and rotor pilot, so I stepped up to volunteer my time if they bought the gear, which they did.

Flying a Mavic Pro, FAA registered. My part 107 is complete. I have the temp certificate in hand, just waiting on the final to be mailed to me. I've found the close approaches needed for roof inspections and hanging out close to surfaces that may induce wind shear to be the most nerve-wracking part of this gig so far, but I'm really enjoying my "familiarization" time with the drone on off days. I even plunked down my own cash for a DJI headset and get my wife to come along on flight trips so she can VO while I use it. I've found it's a lot of fun "taking someone else for a ride" with the headset.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I actually got into this for my company, which wanted a way to do quick property surveys, roof inspections of buildings, and some aerial shots of periodic events we host. I've been a long time RC fixed wing and rotor pilot, so I stepped up to volunteer my time if they bought the gear, which they did.

Flying a Mavic Pro, FAA registered. My part 107 is complete. I have the temp certificate in hand, just waiting on the final to be mailed to me. I've found the close approaches needed for roof inspections and hanging out close to surfaces that may induce wind shear to be the most nerve-wracking part of this gig so far, but I'm really enjoying my "familiarization" time with the drone on off days. I even plunked down my own cash for a DJI headset and get my wife to come along on flight trips so she can VO while I use it. I've found it's a lot of fun "taking someone else for a ride" with the headset.
Howdy from Wyoming @OregonChuck , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

... I've found the close approaches needed for roof inspections and hanging out close to surfaces that may induce wind shear to be the most nerve-wracking part of this gig so far...
Welcome to the Club!

Once you get comfortable with the controls, you will be able to fly with OA off for close inspections.

Edit: You might consider getting some prop guards. They reduce the pucker factor in close quarters.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! I also do roof inspections I usually use my P4P to do them though as it handles the gusts a bit better. Fly safe and have fun!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

What up from NE PDX!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura