DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from NC's Crystal Coast

dwolfe002

Reactions
Hello everyone. I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and am totally new to drones and flying. I've been reading and watching videos for a couple of weeks and trying to get this thing and FAA rules figured out. I did get it out in my back yard for a few minutes to get some of the controls figured out. Didn't do to well but didn't crash it either. Most of all, I'm going to practice whenever I can through the winter and hopefully get out during the spring to fly when the weather is nicer.

I do have one question about NC rules. It says that you can't take off on any state land or private land without permission. Mostly, I would like to fly over marsh lands, islands, and open water. So does this rule stop me from taking off from the side of the road close to marshland or is the intent of the law to stop you from taking off around the state monuments, govt. buildings, and things of that nature. I've been reading through this forum for at least a week and really appreciate all the knowledge and hopefully someday will be able to contribute something also.

Thanks,
Doug

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Hello everyone. I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and am totally new to drones and flying. I've been reading and watching videos for a couple of weeks and trying to get this thing and FAA rules figured out. I did get it out in my back yard for a few minutes to get some of the controls figured out. Didn't do to well but didn't crash it either. Most of all, I'm going to practice whenever I can through the winter and hopefully get out during the spring to fly when the weather is nicer.

I do have one question about NC rules. It says that you can't take off on any state land or private land without permission. Mostly, I would like to fly over marsh lands, islands, and open water. So does this rule stop me from taking off from the side of the road close to marshland or is the intent of the law to stop you from taking off around the state monuments, govt. buildings, and things of that nature. I've been reading through this forum for at least a week and really appreciate all the knowledge and hopefully someday will be able to contribute something also.

Thanks,
Doug

Welcome to the forum![emoji16]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan