DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Northern California

Ricochet

Reactions
I have been watching the forum for a week or so now and wanted to finally sign up. I am new to the UAV community and still trying to decide which UAV to purchase. I am stuck between the P-4 and Mavic. I will be using the copter mainly for recreation, along with a little scouting of outdoor areas. The one question that I have is, what comes in the box from DJI when you buy the $999.00 copter through them?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

If portability is important, go with the Mavic.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

I think the most important feature to me is future support from DJI for the copter. I like the durability of the P-4 and the portability of the Mavic. For most usage, the compactness of the Mavic in transport as I will either be launching from my home or transporting in a UTV to a remote cite. I am not into cinematography and will more than likely be making short clips while scouting areas for my own use.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

I thing the most important feature to me is future support from DJI for the copter.
While nobody knows DJI's future, I think it's going to be quite bright considering their current strong lead in the drone market. Either the Mavic or Phantom would be a good choice since they are DJI's most popular drones. In your case, it sounds like the Mavic would be a better fit since it would be easier to transport. Another benefit of going with a DJI drone is that you have great forums like this one when you need to reach out for help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78