DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Northern California

Ricochet

Reactions
I have been watching the forum for a week or so now and wanted to finally sign up. I am new to the UAV community and still trying to decide which UAV to purchase. I am stuck between the P-4 and Mavic. I will be using the copter mainly for recreation, along with a little scouting of outdoor areas. The one question that I have is, what comes in the box from DJI when you buy the $999.00 copter through them?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

If portability is important, go with the Mavic.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

I think the most important feature to me is future support from DJI for the copter. I like the durability of the P-4 and the portability of the Mavic. For most usage, the compactness of the Mavic in transport as I will either be launching from my home or transporting in a UTV to a remote cite. I am not into cinematography and will more than likely be making short clips while scouting areas for my own use.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

I thing the most important feature to me is future support from DJI for the copter.
While nobody knows DJI's future, I think it's going to be quite bright considering their current strong lead in the drone market. Either the Mavic or Phantom would be a good choice since they are DJI's most popular drones. In your case, it sounds like the Mavic would be a better fit since it would be easier to transport. Another benefit of going with a DJI drone is that you have great forums like this one when you need to reach out for help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv