DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Northern Ireland

NornIron

Reactions
Hello
Finally bitten the bullet and have ordered a MM.
It’s arriving tomorrow. 90% excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve, and 10% nervousness after reading too many threads with Minis drifting off into the sunset, never to reappear!
Anyway, I’ve lurked for a bit here researching my purchase, so thanks for all the helpful advice I’ve been absorbing up to this point.
Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Excellent handle, I wonder how many people get it? Welcome from Kilkenny. The Mini is really competent but get the UAV weather app! There's someone on the forum lost a Mini 100 metres up over Binevenagh, no surprise really..

Welcome! My MM is my third drone (the first from DJI) and from a handful of flights I agree with the other members that it is very stable and user friendly.

It's ok to be nervous about flying but provided you pay attention to the tiny little details that can make a difference between a safe and a potential hazardous (for your drone) flight you will be fine. UAV forecast app is a must in general but especially for the MM.

Respect the drone and it's abilities and it ll pay you back with joy and excitement (and some great footage too).

Do go through the MM manual while you wait for it [emoji6]

Hello
It’s arriving tomorrow. 90% excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve, and 10% nervousness after reading too many threads with Minis drifting off into the sunset, never to reappear!
Anyway, I’ve lurked for a bit here researching my purchase, so thanks for all the helpful advice I’ve been absorbing up to this point.
Thumbswayup
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Im taking my time to get to know the MM.
Charged the batteries, updated firmware, read the manual a few times, then waited for the wind to drop down to next to nothing, then had a few flights, staying within 100m or so, and maybe 50 or 60 m height maximum! But I'd great fun, and the forecast tomorrow looks like fine weather. I'm having fun! :)

Hello
Thumbswayup
Enjoy your Mavic mini, I have over 300km on the little mini and love it. Just ordered ND filters to take advantage of the new firmware

Enjoy your Mavic mini, I have over 300km on the little mini and love it. Just ordered ND filters to take advantage of the new firmware
Ooooh! seen a few videos with those, and might be one for a future shopping list. Can I ask what ones you ordered? A lot of the recommended brands seem to be US based and difficult to get in these parts!

Excellent handle, I wonder how many people get it? Welcome from Kilkenny. The Mini is really competent but get the UAV weather app! There's someone on the forum lost a Mini 100 metres up over Binevenagh, no surprise really..
Good point ? The difference in wind speeds at altitude can be substantial, and the little mini can easily say bye bye. I do most of my flying along Ireland's coasts, and the UAV weather app is essential

Reactions: NornIron
Ooooh! seen a few videos with those, and might be one for a future shopping list. Can I ask what ones you ordered? A lot of the recommended brands seem to be US based and difficult to get in these parts!
Yeah, I ordered the Skyreat 6 pack from Amazon Germany. Not cheap, but they come highly recommended. Going to sneak out for a flight in Howth tomorrow ?

Reactions: NornIron
Good point [emoji106] The difference in wind speeds at altitude can be substantial, and the little mini can easily say bye bye. I do most of my flying along Ireland's coasts, and the UAV weather app is essential

I’m extra cautious now with my MM, no more flying up mountains [emoji16].

Seriously, I don’t recommend anyone flying the MM too far when the wind is 15+ mph. You may never see it again..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d