DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Okinawa, Jp

Thank you for your service! Still F15’s here on the flightline. Did you teach at sheppard?
Diving and snorkeling here is fantastic. We spent 4 years at Hickam and this is hands-down better for diving. We swam with a black tipped reef shark a month ago.
The training center was at Lowry AFB in Denver, CO back then. The building I taught at and some of the dorms are still in use. My final AFSC was T32674B.

Aurora, CO 80010
This Google map link is the school I taught at. The long building housed the classrooms and offices. The newer square building housed the test stations for the hands on training with the equipment.

It is good to hear the Eagle is still in service. She is an awesome bird!

The training center was at Lowry AFB in Denver, CO back then. The building I taught at and some of the dorms are still in use. My final AFSC was T32674B.

Aurora, CO 80010
This Google map link is the school I taught at. The long building housed the classrooms and offices. The newer square building housed the test stations for the hands on training with the equipment.

It is good to hear the Eagle is still in service. She is an awesome bird!
Nice, Colorado is a beautiful place. I appreciate the map link, I’m always curious.

Reactions: Mavikhan
So what is your job, and are you military or civilian contractor? I was originally supposed to go to Kadena, but they were looking for instructors for our career field so I applied and was accepted. I think I ended up learning more becoming an instructor as I learned more about the entire aircraft from our McDonnell Douglas tech rep.

I remember how beautiful the water was. Our training included diving, IBS (Inflatable Boat Small), recon swimming and more. To be out there in the water at night, with the bio-luminescence was just incredible. The area we were based at had a small village nearby. It was mostly thatched huts and stuff with small single story businesses scattered here and there. Very overgrown vegetation and jungle like terrain in places. The beauty was in the ruggedness of the countryside and pristine waters.20210102_214719.jpg

So what is your job, and are you military or civilian contractor? I was originally supposed to go to Kadena, but they were looking for instructors for our career field so I applied and was accepted. I think I ended up learning more becoming an instructor as I learned more about the entire aircraft from our McDonnell Douglas tech rep.
Teaching definitely has its upside and it’s part of our mission here. I’m a nonner, 4Y0X2 dental lab technician. We’re part of our training pipeline for our AFSC. It’s a great job though because we get to help people daily without actually ever having to see the patients. We make everything in a back shop but we service all of INDOPACOM for the tri-services. Plus we have access to some pretty cool tech, CAD/CAM, Form Labs 3D printers with tons of materials for prototyping, laser welders, etc. Something different every to try to solve for our providers and patients.

I remember how beautiful the water was. Our training included diving, IBS (Inflatable Boat Small), recon swimming and more. To be out there in the water at night, with the bio-luminescence was just incredible. The area we were based at had a small village nearby. It was mostly thatched huts and stuff with small single story businesses scattered here and there. Very overgrown vegetation and jungle like terrain in places. The beauty was in the ruggedness of the countryside and pristine waters.View attachment 120693
Wow, that’s an awesome shot! The south end of the island is overpopulated and the roads way too small. In some places their so small that you have to back up if you meet another car. The northern end of the island is probably similar to what you remember. Overgrown lush vegetation, with older homes and single story businesses. Though due to the ferocity of the typhoons in the pacific, thatched roofed huts have been swapped out for concrete homes. You can still find some older traditional homes but their few and far between.

Teaching definitely has its upside and it’s part of our mission here. I’m a nonner, 4Y0X2 dental lab technician. We’re part of our training pipeline for our AFSC. It’s a great job though because we get to help people daily without actually ever having to see the patients. We make everything in a back shop but we service all of INDOPACOM for the tri-services. Plus we have access to some pretty cool tech, CAD/CAM, Form Labs 3D printers with tons of materials for prototyping, laser welders, etc. Something different every to try to solve for our providers and patients.
Sounds like you have some awesome technology to work with. That can branch into several fields when you return to civilian life.
The Air Force sure changed the AFSC structure from my days. I would now be a 2A3X1 with what ever they use to designate instructor added on.
Enjoy your time in the Air Force and realize we all appreciate your service. Once you are out of the service you will understand that noncoms also rate a salute - it is a sign of respect for the job you do. Salute rendered!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905