DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Oregon

I may file for an exception.
You really need to do some reading up on the rules and regulations. Did you get your FREE TRUST Certificate, I gave you the link previously, so have others…

There is no "Exception" to flying at night, you must be thinking of an Authorization or a Waiver…

You really need to go to back to the FAADroneZone, where you registered your drone, and do some of the reading on what is required.

As a minimum, you will need a Strobe Light that meets the FAA requirements. Oh gee, I wonder where you can find those requirements? The FAADroneZone!!!

Now I cannot say you will be allowed to fly at night in your area, as you are relatively close, if not right on top of Portland International Airport, so you may have to travel a bit, or you risk getting in BIG Trouble for flying so close to an airport, and if they have to divert or cancel flights due to your antics, we will get to read all about it in the news.

As they say, Do Not Be That Guy… BTW, the exam is not just $175, but a comprehensive exam of the Rules, Regulations, Laws, and so much more governing the operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems…

Once again, Do Not Be That Guy!

You really need to do some reading up on the rules and regulations. Did you get your FREE TRUST Certificate, I gave you the link previously, so have others…

There is no "Exception" to flying at night, you must be thinking of an Authorization or a Waiver…

You really need to go to back to the FAADroneZone, where you registered your drone, and do some of the reading on what is required.

As a minimum, you will need a Strobe Light that meets the FAA requirements. Oh gee, I wonder where you can find those requirements? The FAADroneZone!!!

Now I cannot say you will be allowed to fly at night in your area, as you are relatively close, if not right on top of Portland International Airport, so you may have to travel a bit, or you risk getting in BIG Trouble for flying so close to an airport, and if they have to divert or cancel flights due to your antics, we will get to read all about it in the news.

As they say, Do Not Be That Guy… BTW, the exam is not just $175, but a comprehensive exam of the Rules, Regulations, Laws, and so much more governing the operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems…

Once again, Do Not Be That Guy!
First off, I'm not a moron. I just do stupid things sometimes.

Yes, a waiver.

Yes, I have a lot of reading to do and I have a hard time reading regulations as they use industry language. Again, I'm not a moron. It's more of an ADHD thing (though somewhat different from classic ADHD).

Yes, I see requirements. Again, I'm not a moron.

Yes, I know there's a comprehensive test that goes with the $175. (My son was shocked to learn that it went up that high as his wasn't that much - He's an actual pilot).

I do live near the airport but not that near the airport.
Though I need to clear up some conflicted understanding, the FAA chart shows the ceiling over me is 300' and goes to 200' just a few blocks away.

I didn't say I wanted to record Christmas lights in my neighborhood anyhow.

As for the TRUST certificate, I haven't flown my drone since getting it out of the tree. The TRUST exam takes about 30 minutes. So, it's reasonable to think that I might just take 30 minutes to get the certificate before I fly it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone