DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from PDX!

I've heard a lot of good things about the MA2 and some say the 1" sensor on the MP2 makes a lot of difference. With the MA2 being half the price, it does not make the decision any easier. Guess we are fortunate to have so many options.
Being the beginner, I'm looking around and a $300 used Air sounds interesting, but still looking.
Thanks for the feedback

Being the beginner, I'm looking around and a $300 used Air sounds interesting, but still looking.

That's a good Mavic drone to start with to see what you think. ?

You can always upgrade from there. :)

I've heard a lot of good things about the MA2 and some say the 1" sensor on the MP2 makes a lot of difference. With the MA2 being half the price, it does not make the decision any easier. Guess we are fortunate to have so many options.
Thanks for the feedback
I got scared of the Air with the dead fan issues that look like they can happen. Not sure how prevalent they are, but they seem tougher to tackle than I was comfortable doing right off.

Reactions: Steel63
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but MA2 and M2P are very similar except for the large sensor on the M2P (1" vs 1/2") although most ppl are blown away with the images from the MA2.
I'm very happy with my MA2 but will probably upgrade some day...maybe if/when we see a M3P.
I don’t have specific experience with the Pro, but there’s very little difference in daylight conditions from good cell phone to DSLR. Lens design will be more critical for refraction and purple fringing, moire effects.

Night shots will look way better on the pro, in theory. Way less noisy.

Reactions: Steel63
Stuck inside way way too long this year, I've decided to get rid of most of my terrestrial camera gear and picked up an Air 2 (well... more than 1, I like backups :)). I mean, the why isn't the Mavic, the why is more like "Why at the END of the Summer??"

I'm taking it slow. Just unpacked the Air 2, and trying to do research before flying anything. My kids and I have been playing with cheap drones, and they're a bit finicky and hard to control. I'm hoping the Mavic is as fun as it sounds. I'm eager to get some images of the recent burns we've had.

Anyhoo, hope to learn a bit from you pros!
-Dan
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan