DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from PNW!

m4v1c

Reactions
Hello! I've been waiting to get my hands on the Mavic for some time now and just today B&H sent me an email stating it'll arrive on Friday :D! This will be my first experience flying a drone and would appreciate any links & threads (eg. things to read/do before flying) that would be helpful to check out before I start flying!

Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum m4v1c . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

would appreciate any links & threads (eg. things to read/do before flying) that would be helpful to check out before I start flying!
You can download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page. And, check out my tips at MavicHelp.com. That should get you off to a good start.

Reactions: Andrew F
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hello! I've been waiting to get my hands on the Mavic for some time now and just today B&H sent me an email stating it'll arrive on Friday :D! This will be my first experience flying a drone and would appreciate any links & threads (eg. things to read/do before flying) that would be helpful to check out before I start flying!

Thanks!
There are quite a few really good YouTube videos worth watching. Also, I hate reading manuals and at first the Mavic manual looks horrible, but I highly recommend going through the manual with your drone right there so you can physically check out each of the topics as you read them. Then, go out and test one or two features at a time. Resist the urge to get into an uncomfortable situation. It's best to take ot one step at a time. Finally comma do not exceed your visual line-of-sight with the drone until you really consider yourself "expert." You're gonna have a blast!

Thanks everyone, looking forward to being more apart of this community.

I plan to thoroughly read the manual, besides that though are there any specific videos & forum threads you all would recommend? I'm really excited to fly the drone, but also feel like there SO MUCH to learn (setting up the settings, operating the mavic & land, how it tolerates wind speeds, FAA regulations, etc) and don't really know where to start.

@skypros I live in WA; so many hikes I want to do with the mavic!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson