DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Round Rock, TX

FatPanda

Reactions
New pilot, so I have a lot to learn. I flew my Mavic Air for the first time yesterday, no crashes - so I declare that a huge success. I practiced landing on a 3'x3' landing pad that had posts sticking up on two sides, with 15mph wind (I was challenged). I flew with blade guards, so wasn't too worried if I bumped into the posts. I didn't have any bumps, but I was pretty slow getting it down. All in all, it was a fun way to begin getting acclimated to the controls and was fun. I definitely had trouble with orientation when the drone wasn't facing the same direction as me. When I got home, ready to download my videos and pics for the first time, I realized I had hardly filmed anything and took no pictures. Sheesh!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! After you get used to the controls you can focus more on the photography aspect, they flying part will eventually become 2nd nature. Fly safe and have fun!

My wife is a realtor. My initial interest is to do real estate videos for her listings, perhaps her office, then who knows. Which means I have to get my 107 certificate, let the studying begin. I worked on planes for 5 years while in the Navy (many many years back), so at least a lot of aeronautical terms are familiar. And I'm an electrical engineer, so reading charts and doing math calculations should be straightforward.

I'm anticipating the video editing as my highest hurdle. I don't want to create Oscar material, just something "good enough" for residential real estate (I'm thinking that is a fairly low bar), but I have near zero artistic abilities and know little to nothing about photography, so low or not, I will probably struggle with this part. I won't be bashful and will ask for help when needed - so thanks for the encouragement and kind welcome messages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos