DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from San Diego

Richard R

Reactions
Newbie to the sky - photography is my passion. With the 4/3 sensor of the Mavic 3 decided now was the time to take the plunge. Lots to learn. It arrives today. I've read a lot and first flight will be scary no doubt

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America rickyard.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

1st - Welcome to MP! Thanks for joining us!
2nd - Congrats on the M3! It looks like a great drone.
3rd - Take your time - don't rush. If flying in your backyard is the way you start, then it can be your proving ground. This is the place to practice, practice, practice.
4th - If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. LOTS of knowledgeable pilots here to help.

Welcome! San Diego is the home of aviation.
San Diego County itself has the following airports North to south:

USMC Camp Pendleton
McClellan Palomar
MCAS Miramar
Ramona AIrport
Fallbrook AIrport
Montgomery Field
Gillespie Field
Lindbergh Field
NAS North Island
Brown Field

I'd get the B4U Fly app up right now and see where you can find open air-space. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Newbie to the sky - photography is my passion. With the 4/3 sensor of the Mavic 3 decided now was the time to take the plunge. Lots to learn. It arrives today. I've read a lot and first flight will be scary no doubt
Welcome from Long Island NY! GRATS on the new bird! “Lots to learn”, you joined a great forum. Give search a try for questions as most I find have been addressed. If not post away with questions. No doubt a good bunch. Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum From Chicago the Windy City.
Being on this forum is a learning experience, learning from other pilots mistakes can save your drone. For instance pilots often ask: I lost my drone I don't understand WHY? Many causes for losing a drone. Just going to share one of many. Flying off downwind in a wind that is too strong for the drone to RTH against it. Mavic Pilots forum , is a useful tool to gain knowledge and confidence when flying your bird..Happy Hovering.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan