DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South Africa

Johansmi

Reactions
Got my Mavic Pro Platinum end November last year and have been having lots of fun with it. Like to learn a lot from this forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Got my Mavic Pro Platinum end November last year and have been having lots of fun with it. Like to learn a lot from this forum.
Howdy from Wyoming @Johansmi , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Hi Rob

As a matter of fact, I posted this below about 30 minutes ago under General Discussions. I'm reposting it based on your invite for advice. Please see the following:

Generally when I do the start-up sequence for the Mavic Pro Platinum, and its controller and App, everything is fine, shows ready to go, flashing green on the drone, and everything is fine. Then, sometimes I get a "calibrate compass, please move aircraft" warning while in mid flight. Usually, I then do a 360 in hover and it recovers and continues to fly. This is however concerning for me so I tried a Compass Calibration as per some of the videos I discovered on this site, and on YouTube, BUT, here's my challenge. When I do the compass calibration, on horizontal calibration the light turns green, when doing the nose down calibration and upon completing the movement, the light turns red and the app indicates Calibration Failure. I've tried this several times away from magnetic interferences in different places, and the same result during calibration.

So, I can continue to fly when its showing all green, my concern is, why do I get this in flight calibrate compass message? I'm concerned that I may loose control if I don't get this sorted. Any advice? Something different I can try?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard