DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South Africa

viceroy

Reactions
Hey all,
So finally I decided to get a DJI drone after having flown a Rakonheli Q500 (Yuneec Q500 built into a Rakonheli CF frame) for a few years.
After umming and ahhing between a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, I finally settled on the Air.
Would have loved a Mavic 2 Zoom, but at double the price of the Air, I simply couldnt justify the costs for my needs.

Have to say, I really like this little drone, and looking forward to a few years of happy flying, hopefully without too many mishaps.

Nice, I got some sweet shots in and around Cape Town with my Mavic Air. Launched it from a cave on the side of Lion's Head and nearly couldn't get it back. Took off without a homepoint (GPS wasn't functioning from the cave). Generally speaking though, RTH has saved this drone too many times to count, thanks to the pathetic wi-fi connectivity. Do yourself a favor and hack the drone to use the FCC frequency (as opposed to CE, which is what it'll be set to by default). Your range will improve dramatically.

Enjoy the South African summer, super jealous

Nice, I got some sweet shots in and around Cape Town with my Mavic Air. Launched it from a cave on the side of Lion's Head and nearly couldn't get it back. Took off without a homepoint (GPS wasn't functioning from the cave). Generally speaking though, RTH has saved this drone too many times to count, thanks to the pathetic wi-fi connectivity. Do yourself a favor and hack the drone to use the FCC frequency (as opposed to CE, which is what it'll be set to by default). Your range will improve dramatically.

Enjoy the South African summer, super jealous
FCC mod was done on day 1 already:p

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57657

Reactions: viceroy
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey all,
So finally I decided to get a DJI drone after having flown a Rakonheli Q500 (Yuneec Q500 built into a Rakonheli CF frame) for a few years.
After umming and ahhing between a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, I finally settled on the Air.
Would have loved a Mavic 2 Zoom, but at double the price of the Air, I simply couldnt justify the costs for my needs.

Have to say, I really like this little drone, and looking forward to a few years of happy flying, hopefully without too many mishaps.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Hey all,

Welcome to the forum![emoji16]

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Also. please take a minute and enter your location on your profile. It will better help us to help you. Here is a link on how to update your location:

Please update your locations! Its so easy to do...

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark