DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Surrey UK

Hi all,

Just got my first drone (DJI Mavic Air) and looking forward to many adventures!
Howdy from Wyoming @Phillo , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi all,

Ha! Welcome mate!
I was thinking about going to Surrey to test my own new Air... What do you know about flying zones in your area? I loved walking around Surrey Downs and would like to see that from above as well :D

Ha! Welcome mate!
I was thinking about going to Surrey to test my own new Air... What do you know about flying zones in your area? I loved walking around Surrey Downs and would like to see that from above as well :D
Hello mate,

I'm just familiarising myself in the garden at the moment, but there are loads of sights to try. The only thing with Surrey is the vast amount of trees!

Virginia Water park, Windsor Great park (Berks not Surrey but on the border), Surrey downs near Guildford, Runnymede (nice Thames views) are to name a few.

Good luck and enjoy!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hi all,

Welcome from Chicago. This site will be useful in the future, when ever you have issues
with your Bird. Especially Mavic Help, and Mavic Tips, check these out to help you
gain confidence and knowledge. Fly safe and have fun.

Hello from Charlotte, North Carolina. I graduated from University of Surrey and worked/lived in Woking. Enjoy your new drone!

Hello! There are some nice places to fly. The Surrey Hills and North Downs are good places. St Martha's hill gives nice views of the church and countryside, Pewley Down gives a view of Guildford. Newlands Corner has good views too. National Trust are arsey so don't take off from one of their properties!

As you know Surrey is the most wooded county in the UK so make sure you set your RTH height appropriately unless you like climbing trees! Please keep an eye out for livestock and keep clear as they get spooked by drones and the woodland also means lots of birds of prey who get curious/defensive if you are flying in their habitat.

It is worth having a look at flight maps as there are a few smaller airports like Fairoaks and legislation changes in a few days so watch your distances and heights. RAF Odiham has Chinook helicopters based there so you will often see them transitting through and they can fly lower than the 500ft that private aircraft go down too. Luckily you can usually hear them and take action.

Enjoy the Mavic Air!

Reactions: fabienb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580