DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From the Piney Woods of East Texas

dke1955

Reactions
Just got a text from the wife. My Mavic Pro has arrived intact! Cool. I am a newbies newbie...my first drone was a 50 dollar WallyWorld drone as a Christmas gift years ago, which I promptly took outside (Christmas in Texas is typically 60 to 70 degrees...it's our spring) lost control of, got scared, told it to land and it landed in the middle of my neighbors pond! Hoping for a much better experience this time around. If y'all have any pointers, or anything of that sort I would be very appreciative. I know this site will be a tremendous source of information and support....looking forward to it! Y'all take care...fly safe!
see ya
dave

Welcome to the Club! @msinger gave you a good reading assignment and I will add to be careful flying in the heat. I don't know what part of Texas you are in but odds are it is hot and going to get hotter. The battery manual states it should be used in temps between 14F and 104F and above 122F can lead to fire and explosion. I have not heard of an explosion but there have been reports of swollen batteries due to heat. You will also need to get some ND filters for quality video.

Thank you both for the information. Certainly did not know about the battery issue...temp right now with the heat index is 108 outside....yep it's terrible. Thanks for the info!!

Welcome to Mavicpilots. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

I buy, sell and repair DJI products and accessories and also teach people how to fly.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Just got a text from the wife. My Mavic Pro has arrived intact! Cool. I am a newbies newbie...my first drone was a 50 dollar WallyWorld drone as a Christmas gift years ago, which I promptly took outside (Christmas in Texas is typically 60 to 70 degrees...it's our spring) lost control of, got scared, told it to land and it landed in the middle of my neighbors pond! Hoping for a much better experience this time around. If y'all have any pointers, or anything of that sort I would be very appreciative. I know this site will be a tremendous source of information and support....looking forward to it! Y'all take care...fly safe!
see ya
dave
Howdy from Wyoming @dke1955 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Happy birthday!
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000