DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the South Jersey Shore

JerseyBiker

Reactions
I ordered a refurbished Mavic Pro yesterday. I found this forum Googling Mavic manual, and I found the PDF here. I won't receive my Mavic until about next Thursday, and I wanted to get a head start learning about it. I have a couple lesser quads, with my Hubsan H501S being the best. I have been flying for only a little more than a year. I have been kicking around getting a Mavic for a long time. When the Mavic Air came out I decided to get that instead, mainly for the lower cost. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on the Air, I saw that DJI had refurbished Mavic Pros for $650. I watch a lot of YouTube videos comparing the 2. I decided to get the Pro partly because it's $150 cheaper, but also because some of the features not on the Air. I'm sure I with find a wealth of knowledge of this forum.

Reactions: Dronis and dirkclod
I ordered a refurbished Mavic Pro yesterday. I found this forum Googling Mavic manual, and I found the PDF here. I won't receive my Mavic until about next Thursday, and I wanted to get a head start learning about it. I have a couple lesser quads, with my Hubsan H501S being the best. I have been flying for only a little more than a year. I have been kicking around getting a Mavic for a long time. When the Mavic Air came out I decided to get that instead, mainly for the lower cost. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on the Air, I saw that DJI had refurbished Mavic Pros for $650. I watch a lot of YouTube videos comparing the 2. I decided to get the Pro partly because it's $150 cheaper, but also because some of the features not on the Air. I'm sure I with find a wealth of knowledge of this forum.
Howdy from Wyoming @JerseyBiker , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: JerseyBiker
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio. Enjoy that new MP, Fly safe and have fun!

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

I am in the Philadelphia area... I always fly in South Jersey with my mavic pro platinum. Welcome to the forum.

I am in the Philadelphia area... I always fly in South Jersey with my mavic pro platinum. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I live in the Smithville section of Galloway Township. I'm 11 miles Northwest of Atlantic City. There are not many good areas to fly near me. Not many open fields. I fly on the Atlantic City and Brigantine beaches during cooler weather, but now the beaches are full of people. Where do you fly in South Jersey?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in the Smithville section of Galloway Township. I'm 11 miles Northwest of Atlantic City. There are not many good areas to fly near me. Not many open fields. I fly on the Atlantic City and Brigantine beaches during cooler weather, but now the beaches are full of people. Where do you fly in South Jersey?
I usually fly in Laurel run park in delran, NJ and in depford, nj. There are everywhere almost a field where you can fly in these areas.

That's the Western side of South Jersey. I'm on the coast. That's about 50+ minutes from me. It takes me about an hour to get to Philly. I don't have my Mavic yet, but when I can't fly on the beaches, I mostly fly on a big empty lot that use to be a small shopping center that was razed. That lot is close enough that I could walk there in 10 minutes if I wanted. There's a RC Flying club with acreage about half an hour from me. I went there once as a guest of a member. It's huge and has a clubhouse. But the membership is very expensive to me and you also have to join a organization that has flight insurance, which also has yearly dues on top of the membership dues. There are more fixed wing drones there than quads. Some are fuel operated. I'll just have start scouting areas because I don't want to be so limited when I Mavic comes this week.

Reactions: macoman
That's the Western side of South Jersey. I'm on the coast. That's about 50+ minutes from me. It takes me about an hour to get to Philly. I don't have my Mavic yet, but when I can't fly on the beaches, I mostly fly on a big empty lot that use to be a small shopping center that was razed. That lot is close enough that I could walk there in 10 minutes if I wanted. There's a RC Flying club with acreage about half an hour from me. I went there once as a guest of a member. It's huge and has a clubhouse. But the membership is very expensive to me and you also have to join a organization that has flight insurance, which also has yearly dues on top of the membership dues. There are more fixed wing drones there than quads. Some are fuel operated. I'll just have start scouting areas because I don't want to be so limited when I Mavic comes this week.
I went one time to the AMA field in Northeast Philly and didn't like it. I understand it is designed for regular gas or electric fixed wing RC airplanes and the area is very limited. You can only go as much as 25 meters in distance and 40 meters high. I never went back again. I rather find myself an empty field or remote area where there is not civilization and just enjoy the environment with my mavic pro or the Xiaomi 4k drone.

I went one time to the AMA field in Northeast Philly and didn't like it. I understand it is designed for regular gas or electric fixed wing RC airplanes and the area is very limited. You can only go as much as 25 meters in distance and 40 meters high. I never went back again. I rather find myself an empty field or remote area where there is not civilization and just enjoy the environment with my mavic pro or the Xiaomi 4k drone.
I only went to that club once but they sure don't have those distance limits you mentioned. If they do have limits they are much higher. You just have to worry about not colliding with the other flyers. Anyway, I'm determined to find some areas as my Mavic will be here in a couple of days.

Reactions: macoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS