DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the UK!

Welcome from Yorkshire, you’ll love it.

I thoroughly recommend you get your operators licence (£9 pa) because, as you will read often in this forum and elsewhere, there are those who are ignorant but will question you and you just want to be a step ahead of them.

Though it’s not legally required (<250gms) it’s the flying education that is important, honestly, the “sensible safety” rules still apply and it’s there to help and protect “you”.
Overview : Flying drones and model aircraft | UK Civil Aviation Authority
Enjoy

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
In our area, Winters get very cold, pilots are asking about batteries. How to keep them warm. I sent you a screen shot, you can look up on DJI, also check your Manuel as well for instructions. Batteries are very expensive,
good to review how to take care of them. Quite a lot of info to digest, it will take some time. Another point, on how to prevent a crash, and flyaways, check out Mavic tips. Keep the rotors pointing up. Fly Safe.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 10.29.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 10.29.12 AM.png
    862.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi All,

Just joined this forum. I am from the UK and Bought the Mini 2 last week and it's my first drone.

Been reading about the CAA laws and regulations, and how to operate the drone safely weeks before I got the drone.

So I took it for a flight today for the first time and I am pretty impressed. A lot of learning for me to do! :)

Greetings!
Hi to you jay-sun from the uk, north wale

Welcome aboard from Liverpool.....NY. The CAA has lots to read up on for drones from 250g to 20 Kilos I believe.
Have fun and fly safe...lots of good info here...stay in touch.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Thanks for the info on batteries, I didnt know that.

Hi All,

Just joined this forum. I am from the UK and Bought the Mini 2 last week and it's my first drone.

Been reading about the CAA laws and regulations, and how to operate the drone safely weeks before I got the drone.

So I took it for a flight today for the first time and I am pretty impressed. A lot of learning for me to do! :)

Greetings!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead