DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Truckee CA!

Reactions
Hi Everyone!
I have wanted a drone for a long time. The videos I have viewed on YouTube are really inspiring. I finally stopped procrastinating and purchased a Mavic 2 Pro the other day. This is my first drone and have not had the opportunity to fly it yet. It's snowing so the poor weather will give me a few more days to review the manual and watch more instructional videos prior to flying the first time. I figure by the time I finally get out I should have a good understanding of the basic flight operations. I live in a heavy wooded mountain area and the only "safe" open areas are next to the airport. I'm planning to take my first flight at a high school about 30 miles away which is wide open and has very few vertical obstructions.

I have a question that maybe someone can assist me. Outside of crashing (hopefully not!), I see my day ending when I run out of battery power. I decided that I didn't want to depend on my cell phone or a tablet so I purchased a smart controller. I also purchased the "fly more kit" that has two additional batteries. I understand that each battery will give me up to 30 minutes of flight time. So by experience, how long does the controller last if you begin using it when it's fully charged? The spec's say it last about four hours on a single charge and I was wondering if this is what you are experiencing? I would like to make sure that I have enough batteries to match the total controller run time. I have a couple of additional questions but will post them later. I appreciate you taking time to respond in advance and thanks for your assistance! I'm so looking forward to flying my new toy!

Take care and happy holidays!

Thanks again,

Mike

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland TruckeeSnowblower.

Nice to meet you Mike. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I finally stopped procrastinating and purchased a Mavic 2 Pro the other day. This is my first drone and have not had the opportunity to fly it yet.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic 2 Pro:
  • The current Mavic 2 Pro manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic 2 Pro manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Hello and WELCOME to the forum :)

Hi Everyone!
I have wanted a drone for a long time. The videos I have viewed on YouTube are really inspiring. I finally stopped procrastinating and purchased a Mavic 2 Pro the other day. This is my first drone and have not had the opportunity to fly it yet. It's snowing so the poor weather will give me a few more days to review the manual and watch more instructional videos prior to flying the first time. I figure by the time I finally get out I should have a good understanding of the basic flight operations. I live in a heavy wooded mountain area and the only "safe" open areas are next to the airport. I'm planning to take my first flight at a high school about 30 miles away which is wide open and has very few vertical obstructions.

I have a question that maybe someone can assist me. Outside of crashing (hopefully not!), I see my day ending when I run out of battery power. I decided that I didn't want to depend on my cell phone or a tablet so I purchased a smart controller. I also purchased the "fly more kit" that has two additional batteries. I understand that each battery will give me up to 30 minutes of flight time. So by experience, how long does the controller last if you begin using it when it's fully charged? The spec's say it last about four hours on a single charge and I was wondering if this is what you are experiencing? I would like to make sure that I have enough batteries to match the total controller run time. I have a couple of additional questions but will post them later. I appreciate you taking time to respond in advance and thanks for your assistance! I'm so looking forward to flying my new toy!

Take care and happy holidays!

Thanks again,

Mike
I have a 2 pro and am very satisfied with the capabilities. I'm from Cape Cod, MA and was in Truckee 3 weeks ago with my drone. Was in the area taking videos and pics at Lake Tahoe and surrounding area. Pic of Donner Pass and lake. Used an ND16 Filter for this particular photoDonner Pass & Lake  2020.jpg

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Drove over Donner Pass many times when I was hauling for UPS out of Sparks - Hated to see those Chain lights come on ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll