DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Washington State

RZR12

Reactions
Winter time here so don't get much needed flying time, just purchased my first drone, Mavic 2 Zoom, just learning how to set-up the settings, I have a lot to learn so hopefully I'll be able to control by reading this Forum and help from a few friends. Had joined the Fantom Drone site not knowing this site, they seem to be the same site except more for the Phantom fliers? I'm not a youngster so might take awhile longer

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Nice to have you aboard and age makes no difference in your ability to fly! :) Look at me, @ 66 years old and I have no problems flying on every location I can find!

Welcome Neighbor! I live in Washington State as well! What part of Washington are you located? I’m in Central Washing in Wenatchee. I am also a new pilot and this forum is a huge resource to learn and ask questions! Also YouTube is very handy as well

Welcome Neighbor! I live in Washington State as well! What part of Washington are you located? I’m in Central Washing in Wenatchee. I am also a new pilot and this forum is a huge resource to learn and ask questions! Also YouTube is very handy as well
I live in Eugene Oregon so I guess that makes us neighbors. I’ve been flying drones for 2+ years now and I own the DJI Inspire 2 and just recently purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. And you’re absolutely correct YouTube has a wealth of information about not only drones but anything else that you would ever possibly want to know.
Maybe we’ll see each other out there flying sometime??
;)

Reactions: Chip
I live in Eugene Oregon so I guess that makes us neighbors. I’ve been flying drones for 2+ years now and I own the DJI Inspire 2 and just recently purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. And you’re absolutely correct YouTube has a wealth of information about not only drones but anything else that you would ever possibly want to know.
Maybe we’ll see each other out there flying sometime??
;)
Right on man! I wish you lived a little closer I would love to go flying with you and get some hands on learning from a pro!
I’ve only been flying for about 4 months but I am hooked and just acquired my Mavic Pro on a trade for my Spark(yep traded my new spark for a Pro with less than 6 hrs of flight time) it was an unbelievable deal for me specially with all the extras.
Anyway if your ever up in my area, shoot me a message and we will go fly for sure, we have a some beautiful area around here!

Reactions: Inspirephil
Winter time here so don't get much needed flying time, just purchased my first drone, Mavic 2 Zoom, just learning how to set-up the settings, I have a lot to learn so hopefully I'll be able to control by reading this Forum and help from a few friends. Had joined the Fantom Drone site not knowing this site, they seem to be the same site except more for the Phantom fliers? I'm not a youngster so might take awhile longer

I'm in Portland and 71, so maybe we have more in common than you may have imagined. I just bought a Mavic Pro last month after about a 10 year layoff from the first Parrot Drone. I can't help much except to suggest you fly the simulator in the DJIGo4 app when you're stuck indoors.

Right on man! I wish you lived a little closer I would love to go flying with you and get some hands on learning from a pro!
I’ve only been flying for about 4 months but I am hooked and just acquired my Mavic Pro on a trade for my Spark(yep traded my new spark for a Pro with less than 6 hrs of flight time) it was an unbelievable deal for me specially with all the extras.
Anyway if your ever up in my area, shoot me a message and we will go fly for sure, we have a some beautiful area around here!
Thanks for the compliment but I am definitely not a pro! Although I have been studying for my Part 107 certification test for the last few months and I intend on taking the test next month and hopefully pass it. After that I will be looking for employment in some form of drone business. Not quite sure what yet but I’ll find something out there, trust me! There’s so many different opportunities to succeed in this business and I am going to give it my best shot.
One thing that I am proficient at is camera settings, gain/expo, etc. because I have watched many YouTube videos on those subjects in order to get better. But the main thing is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE!! That’s the only way I know that you need to do in order to get better at your piloting skills.
It would be nice if we lived closer and could spend some time flying together. I could save you a lot of time figuring out some of the stuff that took me a long time to figure out on my own.
Happy flying my friend and just remember to fly every chance you get! Our weather here in the PNW kinda makes it difficult but I just wait until the rain stops and get out there and fly. :)

I'm in Portland and 71, so maybe we have more in common than you may have imagined. I just bought a Mavic Pro last month after about a 10 year layoff from the first Parrot Drone. I can't help much except to suggest you fly the simulator in the DJIGo4 app when you're stuck indoors.
But I don’t have a Windows PC!! And you can’t download it on OS X. Unfortunately I just bought a iMac and it doesn’t work for OS X, yet.

Thanks for the compliment but I am definitely not a pro! Although I have been studying for my Part 107 certification test for the last few months and I intend on taking the test next month and hopefully pass it. After that I will be looking for employment in some form of drone business. Not quite sure what yet but I’ll find something out there, trust me! There’s so many different opportunities to succeed in this business and I am going to give it my best shot.
One thing that I am proficient at is camera settings, gain/expo, etc. because I have watched many YouTube videos on those subjects in order to get better. But the main thing is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE!! That’s the only way I know that you need to do in order to get better at your piloting skills.
It would be nice if we lived closer and could spend some time flying together. I could save you a lot of time figuring out some of the stuff that took me a long time to figure out on my own.
Happy flying my friend and just remember to fly every chance you get! Our weather here in the PNW kinda makes it difficult but I just wait until the rain stops and get out there and fly. :)
Thanks man! Yeah I have watched hours and hours of YouTube videos! It’s a huge resource and I’ve learned a ton.
I wish the weather would clear so I could fly more, but in the meantime I will just watch more videos lol
So what camera setting are you using on cloudy days?

Thanks man! Yeah I have watched hours and hours of YouTube videos! It’s a huge resource and I’ve learned a ton.
I wish the weather would clear so I could fly more, but in the meantime I will just watch more videos lol
So what camera setting are you using on cloudy days?
Without trying to sound rude there’s so many variables and personal preferences that I can’t (without showing you in person) explain all my settings in an email or on this forum. There’s shutter settings, different ND filters, and much more to consider in your question. And there’s different settings for different drones. A lot of the settings that I use with my Inspire 2 transfer over to the Mavic series but with the Inspire 2 I am able to change lens where with the Mavic you aren’t able to do that and it makes a big difference in what you are able to do.
I am not trying to dodge your question just being realistic.
Once again I wish we lived closer and I would be more than willing to show you everything I have learned. I just don’t feel confident enough in my writing skills to explain it this way. Just keep watching tutorials and flying every chance you get and trying different combinations of settings and you’ll figure out what works best for you personally.
Sorry:(

Last edited:
Without trying to sound rude there’s so many variables and personal preferences that I can’t (without showing you in person) explain all my settings in an email or on this forum. There’s shutter settings, different ND filters, and much more to consider in your question. And there’s different settings for different drones. A lot of the settings that I use with my Inspire 2 transfer over to the Mavic series but with the Inspire 2 I am able to change lens where with the Mavic you aren’t able to do that and it makes a big difference in what you are able to do.
I am not trying to dodge your question just being realistic.
Once again I wish we lived closer and I would be more than willing to show you everything I have learned. I just don’t feel confident enough in my writing skills to explain it this way. Just keep watching tutorials and flying every chance you get and trying different combinations of settings and you’ll figure out what works best for you personally.
Sorry:(
Totally understand and appreciate your willingness to help me out. Have a good day man!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Zoom. Fly safe and have fun!

Hello Wenatchee, I'm from Pullman, I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom, the first Drone i've ever flown or pretty much even been around! Weather here is pretty naughty so not getting much practice but like most I've been on youtube a lot... it's quite a learning experience for sure!

Hello

I am 1 week into flying a Mavic Air. Also live in Wenatchee! Where have you found some good spots to fly yours? Are there any restrictions at local parks (eg. PUD Riverfront, Confluence State Park...)?

Hello Wenatchee, I'm from Pullman, I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom, the first Drone i've ever flown or pretty much even been around! Weather here is pretty naughty so not getting much practice but like most I've been on youtube a lot... it's quite a learning experience for sure!
Welcome to the wonderful world of drones! That’s a fantastic drone, your gonna love it! Weather here sucks as well! But by the same it clears up and with all your YouTube watching you’ll be a pro lol! There is a lot to learn, but it fun and the more you learn the runner it gets! If your ever in Wenatchee, let’s go fly!!

Hello

I am 1 week into flying a Mavic Air. Also live in Wenatchee! Where have you found some good spots to fly yours? Are there any restrictions at local parks (eg. PUD Riverfront, Confluence State Park...)?
Right on another Wenatchee flyer! Awesome drone to btw! I go down to the river a lot(confluence park, a lot of the trail, Walla Walla park is fun to fly around at and with no restriction other that altitude of course and stay as far away from people as you can.
I also like to go to big parks like foothills middle school has a huge field. Rum water canyon is my next outing.
We should get together and go fly sometime that would be cool!
The weather has been pretty aweful, so in the meantime watch lots of YouTube videos and get some ND/PL FILTERS for the camera Skyreat or Polar Pro but Skyreat is way better on price and IMHO just a good!
Happy flying

Howdy from Wyoming @RZR12 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos