DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Wessex UK

WessexWarriors

Reactions
Newbie here - planning on buying a used Phantom 4 standard.

Want to use the tracking feature for following me when driving/cycling off road,

Also want to use it to explore my local castles, so would live live view,

And being new I think I should make sure it has collision avoidance?

so will a P4 do all of this?

Also what is the range of a p4 on live view via, say, an Ipad mini? Ie how far away can it fly and still provide live view?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Want to use the tracking feature for following me when driving/cycling off road
If using a mobile device with a GPS receiver, you can use the Follow Me flight mode to make the aircraft follow your GPS location (see this example). Without GPS, you can use the ActiveTrack flight more to make the aircraft follow an object that's clearly visible on the screen in DJI GO (see this example).

And being new I think I should make sure it has collision avoidance?
The aircraft is only able to avoid collisions in front of it using its forward facing sensors. Sensors are not foolproof, so you shouldn't rely on them to prevent a crash. And they are of course not able to see small objects like tree branches and power lines.

Also what is the range of a p4 on live view via, say, an Ipad mini? Ie how far away can it fly and still provide live view?
Per the Phantom 4 specs, the max range is 4.3 miles (FCC) or 2.2 miles (CE).

If you'd like to learn more about the Phantom 4, you can download the manual from the Phantom 4 downloads page.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe