DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello I need some help

Can someone give me some advice, i have been to best buy, spent 37usd on 4 different c to c cables, non worked with the Mavic 3 rc to tablet. Went to Walmart spent over 40 usd on 5 different cables, non worked, went to office depot, was assured the cable i picked up would work as well as another cable, both didn't work, i went a few other places, and spent a total of 157.42, how the actual flip do I get anything to work, I feel like I have tried everything and nothing works. This is ridiculous. Ive tried data only cables, power/data cables, c to c cables for daya and vide, nothing works, and i cant send anything back because id have to pay shipping and i am down to 6 usd that has to last me the rest of this month.

yea i might as well have no warranty, allstate told me they would cover it if it was stolen, damaged in a house fire or flood, they didn't cover crashes, fly aways or anything done from flying.
You need to get a Drone rider for from your insurance if they offer one. It will cost you, guessing, maybe $60-70 a year, and that should cover everything from theft to if you drop it in a lake or ocean or fly into a wall.. However not all companies offer them, and I've even seen in posts where the same company offers it in one state, but not another, so then you'd need to find another company that will sell you just a drone policy. Not sure why this would not be consistent. but perhaps it isn't..

yea i might as well have no warrenty, allstate told me they would cover it if it was stolen, damaged in a house fire or flood, they didn't cover crashes, fly aways or anything done from flying.
Thank you for sharing your story. I had considered the All State (Square Trade) policy when I was going to buy my Mini 2 from Costco, but with all my research, I could find very little information. It seemed to be nothing more than the same type policy as I could get on camera, smart phone, or computer (tablet). And it seemed that if a drone needed repair, it would go to a camera/computer repair place and I wanted a Trained Technician doing the work, not someone in training that specializes in smartphone…

Now, I have only good things to say about the All State Policy as far as my Tablet is concerned. I cracked my Galaxy Tablet's screen, and I had the return label in my email one hour after notifying them. I sent it back the next day, and it was back at my front door a week later, all fixed!

But the DJI Care Refresh spelled out everything it covered and I went that route and I've used it for a crash replacement once and the drone was in and out in a week also… Actually, they sent me a brand new one, not my old one all fixed…

Can someone give me some advice

The Advice is Free, the Solution, not always…

Now I'm guessing that you want a longer c to c cable because you are using a tablet. Didn't you get one from DJI, perhaps too short… but if you use it just to test the connection, does it work as it should? If does work as it should, then you better not waste any money on lottery tickets either as you are one very lucky person. If it does not work, then you have a problem with either your controller or the device. I bought my c to c cable (power/data) on ebay for $5 with free shipping and it works perfectly, it's 36" long, I wish it were shorter, but when I'm at home, just setting up or whatever, I'm not stuck with the controller stuck to the tablet…

So, you either have an issue with the controller, the device (phone or tablet…), or you need a really high quality cable from a drone supply house, not a department store…

The Advice is Free, the Solution, not always…

Now I'm guessing that you want a longer c to c cable because you are using a tablet. Didn't you get one from DJI, perhaps too short… but if you use it just to test the connection, does it work as it should? If does work as it should, then you better not waste any money on lottery tickets either as you are one very lucky person. If it does not work, then you have a problem with either your controller or the device. I bought my c to c cable (power/data) on ebay for $5 with free shipping and it works perfectly, it's 36" long, I wish it were shorter, but when I'm at home, just setting up or whatever, I'm not stuck with the controller stuck to the tablet…

So, you either have an issue with the controller, the device (phone or tablet…), or you need a really high quality cable from a drone supply house, not a department store…
No I am finding out my kingpad 0.1 inch tablet doesn't work with any cable, I even went back to best buy and got a cable specifically designed by DJI as a data cable for magic 3, and it doesn't work. I am broke and won't have money for a few months untill I am able to pay off my debt to some family members I borrowed from so my drone will have to head to the storage down the street with the rest of the stuff I can't use. This sucks but life sucks, lol

Are you plugging into the correct port on the controller? Under the antenna, looking from the front, the left one is a dummy for storage. The right side is the correct one to use. Also, the DJI cord has markings on the connector, one for controller, one for device. I hope it's this simple.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Are you plugging into the correct port on the controller? Under the antenna, looking from the front, the left one is a dummy for storage. The right side is the correct one to use. Also, the DJI cord has markings on the connector, one for controller, one for device. I hope it's this simple.
I've flown for many years, yes I was plugging it in right, lol, I have a kiingpad 10.1 inch and it is needless to say, 3rd party knock off glitchy trash gaming tablet, but, after a quick factory reset, i was able to fly, well, after i updated the app, after the factory reset and, the original c to c cable i got wasn't long enough so i had to buy many others which did not work so i used my phones data cable which is usb to c, so i had to use a usb to c converter cable i got with my solar manel that I was able to make work but, I am getting an official data cable from dji tomorrow so everything should be ok now. Thank you and you all for your kindness and help.

I do have one more question, and I am sorry for asking so many, but, when I fly the Mavic 3 keeps glitching to a halt and stabilizing like it would if you just let off the stick when i am flying, on normal mode it isn't smooth at all, I push the stick a little to move forward but when i start moving it back just a little, it immediately just slams on what looks like an e-brake, lol. And when I move forward if moves super slow and when i push the stick forward and turn with the same stick, it will ebrake and stop then turn and move on. My old mavic pro was as smooth as the finest silk, this one moves like a brillo pad, lmao, omg, sorry that sounded better in my head, but can you give me some pointers? OH! I watched some Utube videos and messed with the settings like a guy said to make it smoother via the stick output controls and stuff, didn't help at all.

I've flown for many years, yes I was plugging it in right, lol, I have a kiingpad 10.1 inch and it is needless to say, 3rd party knock off glitchy trash gaming tablet, but, after a quick factory reset, i was able to fly, well, after i updated the app, after the factory reset and, the original c to c cable i got wasn't long enough so i had to buy many others which did not work so i used my phones data cable which is usb to c, so i had to use a usb to c converter cable i got with my solar manel that I was able to make work but, I am getting an official data cable from dji tomorrow so everything should be ok now. Thank you and you all for your kindness and help.

I do have one more question, and I am sorry for asking so many, but, when I fly the Mavic 3 keeps glitching to a halt and stabilizing like it would if you just let off the stick when i am flying, on normal mode it isn't smooth at all, I push the stick a little to move forward but when i start moving it back just a little, it immediately just slams on what looks like an e-brake, lol. And when I move forward if moves super slow and when i push the stick forward and turn with the same stick, it will ebrake and stop then turn and move on. My old mavic pro was as smooth as the finest silk, this one moves like a brillo pad, lmao, omg, sorry that sounded better in my head, but can you give me some pointers? OH! I watched some Utube videos and messed with the settings like a guy said to make it smoother via the stick output controls and stuff, didn't help at all.
Obstacle Avoidance is set to Stop, not Bypass or Off. Under the Safety tab.

Can someone give me some advice, i have been to best buy, spent 37usd on 4 different c to c cables, non worked with the Mavic 3 rc to tablet. Went to Walmart spent over 40 usd on 5 different cables, non worked, went to office depot, was assured the cable i picked up would work as well as another cable, both didn't work, i went a few other places, and spent a total of 157.42, how the actual flip do I get anything to work, I feel like I have tried everything and nothing works. This is ridiculous. Ive tried data only cables, power/data cables, c to c cables for daya and vide, nothing works, and i cant send anything back because id have to pay shipping and i am down to 6 usd that has to last me the rest of this month.
Something is wrong. Sounds like your tablet cant handle the Fly app? I have several cords and they ALL work. They are strictly usb C to usb C. They work perfectly with my Tripltek and my fold 3 each and the Mavic 3.
Is this a brand new M3? Have you even been able to activate it yet? Could be defective? It shouldn't be that hard to locate a working cable. lol

If its a matter of getting a solid connection, Ive heard of some people carving a little bit of the plastic housing the plug is incased in so that it can reach just a tad further into its connection in the controller... just a suggestion..

Something is wrong. Sounds like your tablet cant handle the Fly app? I have several cords and they ALL work. They are strictly usb C to usb C. They work perfectly with my Tripltek and my fold 3 each and the Mavic 3.
Is this a brand new M3? Have you even been able to activate it yet? Could be defective? It shouldn't be that hard to locate a working cable. lol

If its a matter of getting a solid connection, Ive heard of some people carving a little bit of the plastic housing the plug is incased in so that it can reach just a tad further into its connection in the controller... just a suggestion..
I got my tablet working but to be honest, I hate the kingpad 10.1 inch tablet.

Obstacle Avoidance is set to Stop, not Bypass or Off. Under the Safety tab.
I tried it with bypass and it was smoother but way too fast I wish I could make it have slower but equal as reposive but I just can't, I almost crashed hi because the deadline and responsiveness when ya set to bypass, and when set to stop, the quick stopping of it continues to freak me out and make me nervous to the point I almost crashed it when turning because of its constant stopping. I never had any of these issues before I gave my magic away to a friend.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1