DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello Mavics

trevsdad

Reactions
107 rated pilot here. 5-years professional over 1k flight hours as an instructor and aerial photog. Also a private pilot, part 61 single enging land, student rating. I've been flying a P3 pro for 4-years but it's aging out. Gonna add a Mavic Air 2 to the fleet in the next week or so despite my concern that I'll loose VLOS with this smaller drone, but happy to be part of the community.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Thanks!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

107 rated pilot here. 5-years professional over 1k flight hours as an instructor and aerial photog. Also a private pilot, part 61 single enging land, student rating. I've been flying a P3 pro for 4-years but it's aging out. Gonna add a Mavic Air 2 to the fleet in the next week or so despite my concern that I'll loose VLOS with this smaller drone, but happy to be part of the community.

Welcome to the Air 2 Family: Its going to be nothing but good surprises for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the rain and float on water.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Air 2 Family: Its going to be nothing but good surprises for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the rain and float on water.

...hope so. As I mentioned, I've always been a little concerned about the smaller profile drones due to VLOS concerns however, the features are undeniably and I just can't justify going with another Phantom that's discontinued, or an Inspire that's beginning to feel like a Model 'T'. Yuneec Typhoons had my attention for about a year, but again...aging tech and a big ole' honkin transmitter cancels that out. I've decided that a well thought out strobe package will help keep the Mavic Air in line of sight, especially in daylight. Any suggestions you might have for this are welcome.

...hope so. As I mentioned, I've always been a little concerned about the smaller profile drones due to VLOS concerns however, the features are undeniably and I just can't justify going with another Phantom that's discontinued, or an Inspire that's beginning to feel like a Model 'T'. Yuneec Typhoons had my attention for about a year, but again...aging tech and a big ole' honkin transmitter cancels that out. I've decided that a well thought out strobe package will help keep the Mavic Air in line of sight, especially in daylight. Any suggestions you might have for this are welcome.

Sent you a PM: Firehouse technology have some good lights in a small package.

Sent you a PM: Firehouse technology have some good lights in a small package.

Yeah...Firehouse Tech. I was thinking that also. I've seen some tests...they're really bright. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. You will find support and advise here. We look forward to your contribution and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah...Firehouse Tech. I was thinking that also. I've seen some tests...they're really bright. Thanks
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Get the mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel ... love mine. Well made and easily mounting. Check out the brightness by looking at the ground below my drone.... the ARC XLs aren’t even pointed at the ground.

MavicJer here...I’ve recently installed a 4 Cree Firehouse unit over the MA2 rlly Landing Light, and Fantastic...I can see it at 200-300 ft altitude and about 1/2 mile away, in very bright daylight. In cloudy conditions, very bright, and at dusk, no problem , but I won’t go further anyway. Not much other locations on the MA2 to put it except on top in front of battery...have to if wanting it for Air Visibility from Aircraft if flying 107. Get one or two...they are worth it!

ARC XLs are factory verified to 3 miles visibility.... not that you’ll need that, but easy to see, and then there’s the 98dB alarm that will sound for a couple of weeks after a crash to help you find your drone,

MavicJer here...I’ve recently installed a 4 Cree Firehouse unit over the MA2 rlly Landing Light, and Fantastic...I can see it at 200-300 ft altitude and about 1/2 mile away, in very bright daylight. In cloudy conditions, very bright, and at dusk, no problem , but I won’t go further anyway. Not much other locations on the MA2 to put it except on top in front of battery...have to if wanting it for Air Visibility from Aircraft if flying 107. Get one or two...they are worth it!
OH, FORGOT TO MENTION I HAD TO PUT THE MA2 LEG EXTENSIONS ON MY DRONE TO KEEP THE FIREHOUSE UNIT FROM BEING BUMPED ON LANDING...the unit is a little thicker than the skids on the back of the MA2...even when using only the sticky tape.

OH, FORGOT TO MENTION I HAD TO PUT THE MA2 LEG EXTENSIONS ON MY DRONE TO KEEP THE FIREHOUSE UNIT FROM BEING BUMPED ON LANDING...the unit is a little thicker than the skids on the back of the MA2...even when using only the sticky tape.
I use the PolarPro landing gear.... no problems and @Aerial-Pixel makes the mounts to fit the PP LG.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21