DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello. Newbie from Highworth, Wiltshire UK

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find a great of information and support here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Hi, and welcome :)

I am slightly south of you, and I see you are North Wilts. One place I recommend in Wiltshire is the Fovant Badges. Looking at dronesafetymap.com it's not covered by any no fly zones. There are a few blobs where you can't fly, or have to fly with caution near you but you should be able to find some space.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, and welcome :)

I am slightly south of you, and I see you are North Wilts. One place I recommend in Wiltshire is the Fovant Badges. Looking at dronesafetymap.com it's not covered by any no fly zones. There are a few blobs where you can't fly, or have to fly with caution near you but you should be able to find some space.
Hi. Thanks for that. I'll certainly have a look. Hoping to be in Cornwall in August and lookinhg forward to some great flying there.

Welcome to you from the friendly skies of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the newbie and the expert pro alike.

As you can see, Lots of nearby flyers and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it! That sort of practice pays off

Fly safe, fly smart, fly FCC (I didn't say that)!

Glad to have you with us!

Looking at YouTube videos. Ex Swindon/Highworth railway and fields off look a good bet. My way is , drone in rucksack and explore, you’re just a walker then. Obviously park car without cause for complaint. Be prepared not to fly today if nothing suitable found, may take a few trips to find a few favourites! Happy flying from Westbury. Wiltshire ?

Attachments

• 45C25E94-9A31-4CB8-9351-89793FE28F31.png
    45C25E94-9A31-4CB8-9351-89793FE28F31.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum Clickerpic.

We all hope you enjoy the forum.

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done it. It might save you a lot of aggro.

CLICK HERE

Stay safe from the dreaded lurgi ;) and don't worry about your tender age. I am 76 or so. You are as young as the person you feel.

That came out wrong.?

Oh, I dunno though. ?

Looking at YouTube videos. Ex Swindon/Highworth railway and fields off look a good bet. My way is , drone in rucksack and explore, you’re just a walker then. Obviously park car without cause for complaint. Be prepared not to fly today if nothing suitable found, may take a few trips to find a few favourites! Happy flying from Westbury. Wiltshire ?
Hi. Thanks for the information.

Welcome from another new recruit. I'd be interested to know how you get on with the 2. I'm already considering a mate for my mini mavic.
I too have just joined the ranks. Yorkshire has everything - hills, moors, woodland, lakes and coastline, all spectacular. God's acre.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal