DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello

FearlessRobb

Reactions
Hi all

New to forum and soon to be mavic owner. Little bit about my story i bought my first drone off walmart website for $35 on clearance from $112. Im no stranger to technology and always wanted a drone so i said why not. Well i got it and loved it. Little hard to control but got used to it fairly fast and loved it. I was hooked. Well i have a 2 1/2 yr old thats obsessed with airplanes and helicopters so i said cant wait to show him . Well after 4 flights the weekend i had him and i showed him. I took off and was doing great a little windy but nothing to bad. I went over the tree line and ge was excited saying ooo helicopter. I looked down at him to make sure hes there and stull watching i looked up and the wind was taking the drone so i pushed against the wind and started coming down. My mistake on not paying attention. So as i lowered the drone against the wind i past the top of tree line and guess what . Wind stopped cause tree was blocking and it shot forwards and hit a branch and got stuck. 3 days in the tree uaing so many methods (50ft up) finally my cousin got it down. Motor blown and this is were it gets interesting and explains why it was so cheap.
I went to the book and site and there was no manufacturers name. Went to hobby store luke the book says and they said theu csnt order parts. After research u found it was modled after a syma drone so i purchased those parts. Non fit except motors. But unfortunately something else is wrong as it flies fine for 30 seconds then starts going forward and controller stops responding. Needless to say after $15 on a $35 china rip off i call it quits.

I was not hooked anyways and wgen it got stuck and my son said helicopter were did you go. Come back it melted my heart and i started researching and researching watching reviews after review and performance and features and i finally picked mavic.
I wanted something that can RTH and take wind and GPS .
Needless to say i picked the drone i want so here i am now im just deciding if i wanna get the pro now. Wait to get the platinum. Or wait for black friday deals to save some money. Hardest part is i hate waiting and days like today 60 and sunny with no wind i wish i alreadu had it

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hi all

New to forum and soon to be mavic owner. Little bit about my story i bought my first drone off walmart website for $35 on clearance from $112. Im no stranger to technology and always wanted a drone so i said why not. Well i got it and loved it. Little hard to control but got used to it fairly fast and loved it. I was hooked. Well i have a 2 1/2 yr old thats obsessed with airplanes and helicopters so i said cant wait to show him . Well after 4 flights the weekend i had him and i showed him. I took off and was doing great a little windy but nothing to bad. I went over the tree line and ge was excited saying ooo helicopter. I looked down at him to make sure hes there and stull watching i looked up and the wind was taking the drone so i pushed against the wind and started coming down. My mistake on not paying attention. So as i lowered the drone against the wind i past the top of tree line and guess what . Wind stopped cause tree was blocking and it shot forwards and hit a branch and got stuck. 3 days in the tree uaing so many methods (50ft up) finally my cousin got it down. Motor blown and this is were it gets interesting and explains why it was so cheap.
I went to the book and site and there was no manufacturers name. Went to hobby store luke the book says and they said theu csnt order parts. After research u found it was modled after a syma drone so i purchased those parts. Non fit except motors. But unfortunately something else is wrong as it flies fine for 30 seconds then starts going forward and controller stops responding. Needless to say after $15 on a $35 china rip off i call it quits.

I was not hooked anyways and wgen it got stuck and my son said helicopter were did you go. Come back it melted my heart and i started researching and researching watching reviews after review and performance and features and i finally picked mavic.
I wanted something that can RTH and take wind and GPS .
Needless to say i picked the drone i want so here i am now im just deciding if i wanna get the pro now. Wait to get the platinum. Or wait for black friday deals to save some money. Hardest part is i hate waiting and days like today 60 and sunny with no wind i wish i alreadu had it
Howdy from Wyoming FearlessRobb, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal