DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helloooo

WELCOME to the forum from NC :)

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

P.S. If you can afford it, I'd go with an Air 2 or Air 2S. I'm thinking that a Lenovo computer should be able to do the job, but I'm not sure as to how efficiently it will do it. I'm thinking at least BASIC technology knowledge would be required to navigate through editing etc but since I haven't gone into editing, I can't really advise you there.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

P.S. If you can afford it, I'd go with an Air 2 or Air 2S. I'm thinking that a Lenovo computer should be able to do the job, but I'm not sure as to how efficiently it will do it. I'm thinking at least BASIC technology knowledge would be required to navigate through editing etc but since I haven't gone into editing, I can't really advise you there.
Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Rainy Elk Grove CA here.

Im a complete newb to editing too so that should be fun. I was looking at the Air2s also, however I figured for half the price I would get the flying and basic editing down before I get out into the mountains and start damaging stuff. Is the Air 2 s that much better?

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Rainy Elk Grove CA here.

Im a complete newb to editing too so that should be fun. I was looking at the Air2s also, however I figured for half the price I would get the flying and basic editing down before I get out into the mountains and start damaging stuff. Is the Air 2 s that much better?
I'm not sure, to be honest, but from what I've heard from several people who've also had the Mini 2, it was well worth the jump. I've also had the Mini 2 and I'll tell you, it's great but I'm just waiting on the Air 2S to arrive to see how much better it really is. By the way, I got my Air 2S for just over $400 so...

I'm not sure, to be honest, but from what I've heard from several people who've also had the Mini 2, it was well worth the jump. I've also had the Mini 2 and I'll tell you, it's great but I'm just waiting on the Air 2S to arrive to see how much better it really is. By the way, I got my Air 2S for just over $400 so...

Over the past two years, I've traded up from a toy drone to a Mini, an Air 2, and an Air 2S. Based on my experience, I predict that you'll be absolutely stunned, fascinated, and dazzled by either the Mini 2 or the Air 2S. My advice is to go with the Mini 2.

The Mini 2 is a fantastic machine and it might be all you want/need. You'll save quite a bit of money compared to the Air 2S and you'll be learning on a less-intimidating and more forgiving system (smaller, lighter, cheaper to repair or replace).

If you get seriously hooked on drones, you'll probably get the itch for an upgrade within six months of a year. By then, the Mavic 3 will have been released and you'll have a choice between an Air 2S (used or at a reduced retail price) and the even slicker Mavic 3.

(Another reason to start with the Mini 2 is that it's much easier to travel with because of the small size. I wish I'd kept my Mini instead of selling it after getting the Air 2.)

If you're starting from scratch with photo editing, consider the free program from Irfanview.com. It's a simple, quick, and surprisingly powerful way to crop, rotate, and sharpen, adjust brightness, colors, and contrast, and add text. I use it for a lot of tasks rather than firing up Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.

Over the past two years, I've traded up from a toy drone to a Mini, an Air 2, and an Air 2S. Based on my experience, I predict that you'll be absolutely stunned, fascinated, and dazzled by either the Mini 2 or the Air 2S. My advice is to go with the Mini 2.

The Mini 2 is a fantastic machine and it might be all you want/need. You'll save quite a bit of money compared to the Air 2S and you'll be learning on a less-intimidating and more forgiving system (smaller, lighter, cheaper to repair or replace).

If you get seriously hooked on drones, you'll probably get the itch for an upgrade within six months of a year. By then, the Mavic 3 will have been released and you'll have a choice between an Air 2S (used or at a reduced retail price) and the even slicker Mavic 3.

(Another reason to start with the Mini 2 is that it's much easier to travel with because of the small size. I wish I'd kept my Mini instead of selling it after getting the Air 2.)

If you're starting from scratch with photo editing, consider the free program from Irfanview.com. It's a simple, quick, and surprisingly powerful way to crop, rotate, and sharpen, adjust brightness, colors, and contrast, and add text. I use it for a lot of tasks rather than firing up Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Thanks for that, Have already decided on the mini for all the reasons you mentioned. I am a complete rookie at editing so i will definitely take a look at the site you suggested. Thanks

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello there

I have been researching drones for a while now and considering I have zero experience I had landed on the Mavic mini 2.

wondering what the best editing software is? I have a microsoft Lenovo from 2015 and I'm a tech dunce.
Welcome from Long Island NY. Flysafe and Godspeed, Droniac

Editing Tools? Here's an inexpensive bundle of tools. You can get your feet wet and then move up as your needs grow.

The next level is Adobe Premiere subscription levels, or DaVinci Resolve, both come with steep learning curves.

DaVinci is generally free, very powerful and used by serious pro editors, and has higher end versions that are pricey.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Hello there

I have been researching drones for a while now and considering I have zero experience I had landed on the Mavic mini 2.

wondering what the best editing software is? I have a microsoft Lenovo from 2015 and I'm a tech dunce.
Welcome from Long Island NY. Flysafe and Godspeed, Droniac

Nice score. Godspeed, Droniac

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly